Everton V Man Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When ever we play the mancs and the crowd go mental Utd go missing . Could it be the infamous eighties evil night match atmosphere i grew up with and loved grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................:mad:

So - I had my first trip to Goodison Park - and what an athmosphere I must say!

What really is stuck in my mind after I have gotten home to Denmark now is that the cheering increased with every tackle and that those tackles intensified the noise and wildness that I recognize from the late seventies and early eighties where we watched english football every saturday (only one game per saturday though).

The equalizer made the big celebration come through as if everybody had waited for it to come - somethin' I did not even dare dream of before I went to the ground.

And as the game progressed I think that United was lucky not to get a player sent off - and that we did not make the "Duncan" or the second goal - we even hit the woodwork for cryin' out loud!

I never found "the Clock"-pub before the game so me and my friend went into the pubs at Bullens Road. We made 2 pubs there before we went into the game.

Had to by me a scarf, but the EFC shop was totally packed so I got it on the Bullens Road instead - but it has "The People's Club" in it together with Everton Football Club.

But back to the game - it was really a great game after having feared the worst would happen even within the first 20 minutes. So I dedicate in my own mind this draw to grandad, Svend Hansen - he surely was seeing his Grandson on Goodison Park that day I think.

Then as I was in England for a whole week, I had the luck of running into a danish Everton player too: Lars Jacobsen who is actually from the same city in Denmark as I am. He is currently injured, but has made it on the danish national team despite being clubless. He said Fellaini was extradinay at training. I wished Lars the best of luck with his injury and hope that he will be on Everton's team soon to proof he is worth the contract that he has made.

Well, that was it. A really great experience and I hope to see Everton repeat wins like the one against Bolton last wednesday and a continued improvement throughout the rest of this season,

Svend.

Welcome to the forum mate and i am glad you enjoyed your first trip to Goodison and heres to many more for you mate . Glad you got to sample a real English football ground as there are not many left .

One Evertonian is worth twenty Liverpudlians ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.