Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they don't have the technology to decide if someone is offside or not. Did Gary not see the bit where they used said technology to rule it out? It may be harsh, it may be against the spirit of the offside rule that it was intended to be, but it was actually offside.

If I’m getting this right, was Pickford not penalized because Van Dijk was offside? I feel like it would make more sense if the VAR check could only be used to review one aspect of the play, basically they couldn’t check for both offside and a potential foul.
It wasnt given as the only thing that can be given after offside is given is serious foul play , like punching someone,
If you foul anyone without that intent, the offside stands and the foul doesnt count.

Shearer's analysis a good reason to scrap the license fee.

Definitely, he's one of the biggest earners that show how tax payers money is being completely wasted with the license fee, I'm sure there are plenty of more enthusiastic people out there who can read a couple of lines for half an hour a week that would do it for far less than the £400k he gets. MOTD as a whole is a complete waste of money though, they could quite easily just get through the whole thing without the studio analysis part of it which contributes nothing.

Definitely, he's one of the biggest earners that show how tax payers money is being completely wasted with the license fee, I'm sure there are plenty of more enthusiastic people out there who can read a couple of lines for half an hour a week that would do it for far less than the £400k he gets. MOTD as a whole is a complete waste of money though, they could quite easily just get through the whole thing without the studio analysis part of it which contributes nothing.
It's also interesting how the sports broadcasters pay lip-service to the issue of mental health and use sportspeople to highlight the problem when it suits them. They then continue to hammer certain individuals when given any opportunity, Pickford, Maguire and Kappa are getting it mercilessly from a load of them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.