Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that, for once in this fixture, we at least turn up looking confident and assured in our football and that we at least look like having a tangible game plan. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get the ideal result as long as we at least look competitive and try to win.
I bet they don’t play their u23 Team this time. klopp will show some respect to this everton side and privately he will be nervous for this game as a defeat will further dent confidence and sap morale as well as putting daylight between us and them points wise. Anything but a defeat and he will be relieved

I bet they don’t play their u23 Team this time. klopp will show some respect to this everton side and privately he will be nervous for this game as a defeat will further dent confidence and sap morale as well as putting daylight between us and them points wise. Anything but a defeat and he will be relieved
I do wonder if this would make him re-think the high line for this game considering what happened at Villa, but even that could backfire on him.

I do think he'll get his players right up for this either way.

I do wonder if this would make him re-think the high line for this game considering what happened at Villa, but even that could backfire on him.

He wont as he only has a Plan A (usually a very effective one at that!!)

I don’t think Digne is injured. Far too active on social media without posting any sort of update.

Hope so mate but this is Everton we are talking about!

Slightly concerned that Keane & Godfrey have never played together if Mina is out considering this is one of the toughest teams to defend against in the league.

I think he'll stick with the high line and play his strongest side. They'll be well up for it, but that can come at a cost with discipline, and its a good test of their mental toughness.

Think the midfield and Richarlison specifically will be key.

Allan, Doucoure & Gomes will have a week's rest in their legs whereas Tiago and Henderson were away on international duty. Regardless of how this factors in fitness wise we at least look stronger in the middle of the park than we have done in ages so battles absolutely need to be won there.

We need to look to set Richarlison away as often as possible and between the likes of James, Digne and Gomes we'll have opportunities to unlock doors based on how Liverpool's back line push a bit further forward than most. It's those moments where the likes of Dom can push and get positioned to cause some issues for their centre halfs.

As an aside, I just hope Seamus is as fit as he can be for this as, despite the fact that he's started the season well, I'm fearful of the damage that Mane is capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.