Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you 100%.This is why I feel we need to let em know this is the new Everton.If they want to come out pass and play we can play too.Everton finally have a few players who can pick a pass forward and open up a defence.Especially a defence that plays such a high line.On the other hand if the likes of Robertson,Henderson etc want a scrap,we now have a few players who will oblige em.Doucoure or Allan to get in Robertson's face early and let em know who the new boss is.

Agree with everything. And if by magic and we don’t turn up and let them do what they want I will hate us forever.

Flashscore game summary

Ten years to the day since they last won against Liverpool, Everton are hosting another Merseyside derby in the Premier League (PL). In top form heading into the big match, Everton have won seven straight matches in a row for the first time since 1894! Strangely, the eighth match in that sequence was the inaugural derby at Goodison Park, which Everton won 3-0, and then went on to finish second in the league that year!
More currently, however, Everton are without a win in 22 matches against Liverpool (D11, L11), across which they’ve failed to score in 12, and scored just 0.68 goals per match on average. Yet, Everton have scored 3.43 goals on average across their seven competitive matches this season, and their last five have featured over 2.5 total goals and both teams scoring.
Liverpool, meanwhile, had to enter the international break on the back of a shock 7-2 defeat, which made them the first reigning champions to concede seven in a top-flight match since Arsenal in 1953. So too was it Jürgen Klopp’s biggest defeat in 876 managerial matches.
In turn, Liverpool’s last 12 PL matches have averaged 4.42 total goals. Furthermore, their tally of 11 conceded goals after four league rounds (2.75 on average) is their worst defensive start since 1937. In addition, they have also kept just one clean sheet across their last nine PL matches.
Despite this, one conceded goal is seldom enough to stop the ‘Reds’, as they’ve scored two goals or more in six straight PL matches. However, none of their last six PL visits here have featured over 2.5 goals, and four of those finished 0-0!
Players to watch: Everton’s blue flame of hope, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, has ten goals across eight matches for club and country this season.
A talisman in the red corner, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has now scored two goals or more in his three last goalscoring outings.
Hot stat: November 2013 (D 3-3) remains the last time Everton led at any point in a game vs Liverpool, and April 2012 (L 2-1) is the last time they scored first in this fixture.

If only this was a sunday game - I fear as Brighton was for a few of our injuries its 24 hours too soon for Mina/Digne.

it’s reminding me of Anfield 13/14 when we had a host of players who just declared themselves fit for the game but as soon as we got on the price you could see half the team wasn’t at the races. I hope Carlo tells some of them no if they’re really not fit.

it’s reminding me of Anfield 13/14 when we had a host of players who just declared themselves fit for the game but as soon as we got on the price you could see half the team wasn’t at the races. I hope Carlo tells some of them no if they’re really not fit.

Yeah and the worry there is we have 3 players who have only just been declared fit + Mina & Digne meaning all it takes is 2-3 to go down and we are knackered.

For me at the minimum I wouldn't risk Mina and would go with Godfrey.

I think it's the fact that I love the composition of our 11 at the moment that's making me so nervous.

As you say - we CAN do it.

I've not genuinely felt like that for a while.

Yeah I'm the same. For first time in about 5 years I think we have a chance of beating them, but I still wouldn't say I'm confident we will.

With a fit squad we have a chance of getting a result any week. We will lose games obviously, but that's a progression.

I just hope that, for once in this fixture, we at least turn up looking confident and assured in our football and that we at least look like having a tangible game plan. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get the ideal result as long as we at least look competitive and try to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.