Match Thread Everton v Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL goal was brilliant and I leapt out my seat punching the air.

VVD I'd rather not see good players get injured long term but helps us out.

Give your head a shake, you're allowed to recognise a really good player (Thiago) and still hate the RS. Is this what our fanbase has come to?
No we don't have to recognise anything about a RS player at all. Only thing I will recognise about a RS is what idiots and cheats they are. Oh yeah good luck without VVD retaining the title.

I'd agree with this.

They are easily the best team in this league and are unfortunately going to win it again. We hung in there then gave them a very good game.

We were very lucky with the offside buy hey ho. I can't say I'm particularly arsed...
With VD out for the season AND Thiago out for a few weeks ,I doubt it very much
This is going to be another crazy asterisk season with no fans in the grounds
I just hope we can sneak top 4

The bigging up of the RS players is ridiculous. I watched a lot of Bayern with Thiago -yes, he is a good player but nothing more than that. As for our game - I don't think that he was more influential than, say, James. Ah, and did you hear anything about the no look pass of Yarmolenko that actually resulted in a goal for West Ham yesterday? Of course not.

Still annoyed we didn't give them a better game yesterday to be honest.

As pleased as I was for certain aspects of the game (not losing, coming back from a goal down twice) I'm concerned at how half paced we looked compared to them for the majority, particularly in midfield. We rode our luck hard in my opinion and gave the reds even more ammunition to have a go at the way we approached the game despite the result.

Feel it was an 'old Everton' step back and that's disheartening. We should've been better.

Defo, you would have thought the midfield would have competed better yesterday. How much of it was Liverpool being sh!t hot yesterday with something to prove after Villa and us being not at full flow though?

On another day we give them a better game I reckon. But they key point is all too often over the years Liverpool have been off in derbies and still came out with a draw or a win, so hopefully this is a sign of a better mentality about this Everton team to comeback even when 2nd best.

DCL goal was brilliant and I leapt out my seat punching the air.

VVD I'd rather not see good players get injured long term but helps us out.

Give your head a shake, you're allowed to recognise a really good player (Thiago) and still hate the RS. Is this what our fanbase has come to?
24F78001-2F84-4C8D-8E11-F7C8A70D83F8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.