Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leicester

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
45m pounds signing whose name has not been mentioned once throughout the whole season. You have to imagine the media were briefed very early on to never speak of him again. He'll exit the club this summer with no word given, just any trace of him will be wiped off the website like when Chris Benoit killed his family in WWF.

45m pounds signing whose name has not been mentioned once throughout the whole season. You have to imagine the media were briefed very early on to never speak of him again. He'll exit the club this summer with no word given, just any trace of him will be wiped off the website like when Chris Benoit killed his family in WWF.
They don’t need briefing, they just need to follow the law.

You can’t get into talking about his absence from the team without getting into those weeds.

You'd think to have someone suspended for a year of their career the evidence would be substantial so I'm surprised it's gone on for so long. Obviously I don't know how the system works or what he may or may not have done but you'd think his lawyers would want it over asap
I have absolutely no knowledge of friends case or what he’s been accused of but I know a little of how the system works through my daughter, it’s usually but not exclusively either, (A) images found on a device, phone laptop etc, or (B) a specific accusation made against an individual. Not sure which it is, but because of the nature of these crimes it’s very rare the police make an arrest without evidence. As I say I’ve no idea about our player circumstance.

My Mrs is a lawyer and says the system is in chaos since the pandemic, with many civil servants in the legal field still insisting on working from home.

She says it's a nightmare trying to move any cases forward(in all fields not just crime) and cases that should take weeks to sort are now taking months or years.
Yes, the backlog is horrendous. Same as a lot of industries, I suppose, but due process means corners can’t be cut.

It’s not like dentistry, for example, where we all missed some checkups and the odd scale and polish without much bother.

So, in relation to earier debates, Brendan Rodgers makes eight changes today to the Leicester side that beat PSV, Just Kasper Schmeichel, Youri Tielemans and Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall retain their places.

Leicester XI: Schmeichel, Justin, Amartey, Soyuncu, Thomas, Tielemans, Mendy, Perez, Dewsbury-Hall, Lookman, Daka.
Subs: Evans, Barnes, Maddison, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Choudhury, Ricardo Pereira, Castagne, Jakupovic.

Not to sure these days on there best 11 but it looks like he is resting for the Newcastle game?

Status
Not open for further replies.