Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a horrid affair. Think we’ll get carved open every 2 minutes. As always the hope lies with Dom, Richy and Rodriguez to pull us out of the crap.

If we stand off like we did against Fulham without the ball, we'll be under the cosh. They're fast, young, and go man to man in pressure.

It's, as Carlo would put it, about showing quality.

I think an exact list is pretty difficult to write. Probably high 2nd tier? So Leeds, Newcastle, Everton, Aston Villa. Until a few years ago I'd have put Spurs in that group. All clubs that should be competing for honours, and would be targeting a Cup win if European qualification weren't the be-all and end-all of modern footie. Next tier down would be the likes of Forest, Leicester, Sunderland, both Sheffield teams, Derby, West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth, with Leicester being the closest to joining that high second tier, which I think they will if they keep their league positions up a few years.

If we stand off like we did against Fulham without the ball, we'll be under the cosh. They're fast, young, and go man to man in pressure.

It's, as Carlo would put it, about showing quality.

We'll get over run in midfield if we go with 343 imo.

For me i would go old school Davey Moyes 451 and swamp the midfield - wouldn't be pretty but think we would nick it.

Pickford

Holgate Keane Godfrey Nkounkou

Iwobi Allan Doucoure Richarlison
James
DCL

Failing that at the minimum I would go 433 with Davies alongside Allan/Doucoure.

For me i would go old school Davey Moyes 451 and swamp the midfield - wouldn't be pretty but think we would nick it.

Pickford

James
DCL

Failing that at the minimum I would go 433 with Davies alongside Allan/Doucoure.

Yeah. The iwobi as a wing back is suicidal IMO.

Yeah. The iwobi as a wing back is suicidal IMO.

If we slip up today and the tactics are wrong I'll start to worry about Carlo tbh.

He went to a Ultra Defensive Newcastle side and set up to also be ultra defensive instead of going there and breaking them down.

Likewise we are playing an ultra attacking Leeds side who floods the midfield and presses therefore its suicide if he sets up leaving us wide open.

Dont know if its him or davide who sets the tactics but they have been generally poor this season in terms of a balance in attack and defence.

Surely Ancellotti ain’t stupid enough to play Delph at left back if he’s available? Literally means then Leeds can easily just double up on Richarlison and nullify us. Need someone with pace overlapping and whipping crosses in. I’d even take Gordon at wing back if Nkounkou isn’t getting a game today.

Pickford

James
DCL

I agree I think we have a team on paper that can beat Leeds, but the way we have been letting goals in ....this ones definitely down to the formation Carlo sets out - a right winger in front of a right back Mina definitely dropped - we need pace in the midfield or ball winners, our team must have pace in it all over as Leeds break so fast - I would select Olsen instead of Pickford to move the team ten yards forwards up the pitch as he commands his box .....
Our playmaker should be in the middle with licence to roam - Iwobi right win Rhico left wing ......
The new left back is super fast .....We will just win DCL again on the goal mark plus Rhico will score ...
COYB .......

Leeds are inconsistent, but they have the ability to have a good day they should have won over the park defensively they are poor so push them back is key imo.....

Surely Ancellotti ain’t stupid enough to play Delph at left back if he’s available? Literally means then Leeds can easily just double up on Richarlison and nullify us. Need someone with pace overlapping and whipping crosses in. I’d even take Gordon at wing back if Nkounkou isn’t getting a game today.

Is Delph even fit? If he is I wouldn't mind him in the midfield screening the back 4 with Allan which would allow Doucoure to cover James and let him roam when in posession.

Davies energy is useful but he seems another who looks good off the bench but never great when starting a game.

If we slip up today and the tactics are wrong I'll start to worry about Carlo tbh.

He went to a Ultra Defensive Newcastle side and set up to also be ultra defensive instead of going there and breaking them down.

Likewise we are playing an ultra attacking Leeds side who floods the midfield and presses therefore its suicide if he sets up leaving us wide open.

Dont know if its him or davide who sets the tactics but they have been generally poor this season in terms of a balance in attack and defence.

I think he put too much faith in the players at Newcastle. Should've been a game we controlled which he thought we could do until the penalty.

Pickford

James
DCL

That is what worries me, not only over run but their wide men will get behind our CBs.

Is Delph even fit? If he is I wouldn't mind him in the midfield screening the back 4 with Allan which would allow Doucoure to cover James and let him roam when in posession.

Davies energy is useful but he seems another who looks good off the bench but never great when starting a game.
The rumour of four Centre halves with Holgate at left back has to be a joke I hope ........

Status
Not open for further replies.