Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think Leeds offer threat playing away from home and we’ve conceded at least 2 in our last 6 league games. I have to assume we’ll continue that trend but we can’t always be scoring 3 per game, especially without Digne.

Conceding goals will be our achilles if we fail to make an impact on the top 6.

It's a two way thing mate. Ibe seen we have scored 16 in 6 when our front 3 start. A fantastic record. Especially so as you think we declared really against Brighton & West Brom and could have had more 1st half v Fulham.

I think Ancelotti will be searching hard to find that defensive solidity. If we could crack that, and keep the 3 lads up top fit, we will go far.

It's a two way thing mate. Ibe seen we have scored 16 in 6 when our front 3 start. A fantastic record. Especially so as you think we declared really against Brighton & West Brom and could have had more 1st half v Fulham.

I think Ancelotti will be searching hard to find that defensive solidity. If we could crack that, and keep the 3 lads up top fit, we will go far.

...agree, we need to find that defensive solidity because there will be games and spells where we won’t play well but nick a 1-0.

Daft as it sounds, Digne missing could hurt us more offensively than defensively. Despite being on the opposite side to Rodriguez, they are on the same wavelength and form a potently creative partnership. There’s no doubt this will impact the team which is ok if we can be stronger defensively.

Listen, I've been an Everton fan for almost all of my 50 years on this earth...but I'm starting to get jaded (yes, it's taken THIS long). Money, Ancelotti, world-class players and we still are 'Everton That.' I imagine I'll get grief, but the thought of watching the blues against Leeds feels like a trip to the dentists.
Don't Watch then.

Think this’ll be a tough one, we struggle against these high energy/tempo teams. Please don’t be playing a back three again but suspect we will be. Hopefully with a week’s rest and training we can play for 90 minutes without dropping off 2nd half. Guaranteed goals, if we win it’ll be because we out score them!

In the games I've watched they are pretty open at the back, that German grock Koch is very poor, probably be a modern day Baresi now Saturday evening. Even ten man Arsenal created plenty of openings with ten men.

The first goal in a game against these holds even more significance than usual imo.

Damn shame about Digne, hoping it's Nkounkou and not Delph who comes in to replace him.

COYB

I think we going to put a marker down tomorrow, Richie gonna hit form and get a couple and if Dom can add his customary goal, plain sailing is all I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.