Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defence has been awful. Now we are without our best two starting backs. That can only mean it's worse. We could be in big trouble here. On the positive side, their defence isn't hectic. Chances of a high scoring game. Over the last few weeks we've needed three goals to win a game. So I'll go 2-2.

Looking forward to watching this match - I think the truth lies somewhere between the two differing opinions on Leed's performances this season. Personally I've quite enjoyed watching them when they've been on t' tele. Hopefully they will be open enough for us to kill off with James and Richarlison but don't think it will be easy! 3-1 Blues; Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison x 2.

I'm not being horrible mate, but this is the exact sort of idiocy that gets you nowhere. It's the same as the lad the other day making out Klitch is the best assister in the league.

You do not pass the ball and move it better than us. You've got no players, who are even remotely at the passing, movement or interchange of Richarlinson, James & Calvert Lewin,

I mean you don't even score that many goals. In the 6 games Richarlinson has played, we have scored considerably more goals in your 9 games you've played this season. So for the love of God please don't come on here, and start making out you are blitzing teams with your attacking prowess and passing/movement. Your pass statistics are actually worse than Everton's as it happens, but it doesn't tell you a lot.

Like a lot of championshop teams, you had a bit of a go for a few weeks, and are now coming back down to earth with a bit of a bump.

I've nothing against Leeds, but the rubbish you and many of your fans come out with is offputting. You work hard and have a semi decent coach. We get it. Lets not start going overboard though and keep some degree of perspective.
Mate you came 12th last year with Richarlinson & Calbert Lewin in your team. Perspective goes both ways

We'll need three goals to win. We are still very unbalanced - and that really is something Carlo needs to rectify. If we keep a clean sheet, we win this one. But I think the clean sheet is very unlikely...

That’s a very easy media cliche they work hard & run a lot so that’s all they do.
Of course they work hard but that’s just part of it. I would like to actually see Everton’s actual player movement & passing compared to Leeds. You may have a few players that have that individual brilliance like James that does something off the cuff and win you games but if terms of a way a team moves and rotates with passing sequences would be superior. Obviously Everton have the better quality players but the reason we create as many chances as we do isn’t because we run around. See the move in this tweet

lol at that finish

I just cannot see us not conceding tomorrow, they will come out the blocks and if we're not at it it will be a repeat of Southampton.

Olsen
Iwobi Godfrey Keane Holgate Niels
Allan Doucoure
James DCL Richie

Pickford Mina Delph Davies/Gomes Siggurdson Bernard Tosun/Gordon

Strong enough to beat a leaky Leeds if the back three get their act together.

I think this will be a Pickford "rotation" game

Status
Not open for further replies.