Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes please. I'd place both Richarlison and Hamez more central though.

One problem with three at the back is trying to control the midfield. When we're on the front foot it's fantastic because of the numerical advantage. When we're under pressure it turns in to five at the back, with no outball. It just seems to invite wave after wave of pressure. I've never got my head around how a team is supposed to set up to defend successively in that setup.

I think we have the same issues as Leeds. We both can't defend. only one thing for it. Attack, attack, attack. Just need Allan and Doucoure to protect the back 3 better and then the wingback system would work. If we add in an extra midfielder to break up their attacks then we will have to lose Hamez. I think at least start with him again to provide the magic and change it quickly if it looks like he's tiring and not providing much going forward. Last week we were lucky to get that win with the missed penalty. But we looked great in creating those goals. I think Hamez should be more central so harder to pick up and push Richy and CL out slightly to create space. Probably have no idea what I'm talking about though.

Marcelo Bielsa Pre-Match Press Conference​

Its a very long one compared to other Press Conference's

Or a shorter version

Some of the Carlo Leeds P/C​

Diego Maradona Tribute​

I have a good memory of him. He was my opponent and became my friend.
I had a good relationship with him, a really good guy and really humble.
I always liked him as a person. He is a big loss for football but the memory is still there.
He helped football around the world with his quality, his skills and his ability.
At that time, he was the best player and he was the best player I ever played against. Unbelievable quality.
For sure, I will keep a fantastic memory of him
It was really difficult [to stop him]. It was good for Italian football, for football, to have this kind of play. Like Pele, like Messi, like Ronaldo.

Lucas Digne Injury​

It is a big loss because he is a fantastic left-back, one of the best left-backs in Europe at the moment.
Ancelotti expects Digne to be out for 2-3 months

We have to manage this. Unfortunately, during a season, it can happen.
I think we will be able to adapt.”
He describes the injury as occurring in an ‘unfortunate incident’ in training.

Seamus Coleman Injury Latest​

Seamus Coleman is out for the visit of Leeds United.
He will be checked each week according to Carlo Ancelotti as he starts his individual comeback.

Good Squad​

We have a good squad, we have good substitutes in that position.
We have Nkounkou, we have Jonjoe Kenny on the right,
we have the possibility to substitute. We will try.

Supporter Return​

This is really good news for the Premier League, not only for Everton.
It's true that Everton supporters are allowed, but everyone hopes that all the supporters will be allowed as soon as possible.

Goodison Park Advantage​

It will be an advantage to have supporters at Goodison Park.
This is what we need and what the Premier League in general needs

Defensive Concerns​

It's true that we scored a lot of goals in these first games, we were efficient in front because our strikers did really well.
But we conceded too much and we need to avoid this, we need more balance.

Carlo on Leeds United​

Leeds are a dynamic team, it's going to be an open match I think.

On a Year in Charge and The Area​

On the football aspect there's no surprise, I found a really good atmosphere.
What surprised me most is the beauty of this area, this area is really nice in my opinion

Carlo on Fans​

We were tier three a few weeks ago, now we're tier two. I think, as soon as possible, all the fans will be at the stadium.
The good news is that there is a reopening to the stadium, this is the good news for everyone, not just in tier one or two

Alex Iwobi Praise​

I was happy about his performance, he did well. I think he can cover the position as a wing back.
He is a good player, he needs to feel confidence, as does everyone
For Alex it's important to feel there are people that has confidence in him.

Andre Gomes Fitness​

It is one of the most important aspects to manage the players who are not playing in the moment.
In the last two or three games he has not played as much as he did in the beginning.
It doesn’t matter how many games he will play until the end of the season. He will play.
I’m not disappointed by him. At the start of the season he was really, really good.
Sometimes you choose the line-up for the tactical aspect, the physical aspect. You have to consider everything.

Kenny & Gbamin Latest​

I think he's [Kenny] not fit 100%, but he's fit and available to play.
I think he's not at his best at this moment because he was out for three weeks, soon he will be at 100%.
Gbamin will be here in two weeks, he will be ready to train and to play.

Wing-Back Consideration​

We are thinking about this. Three centre-backs can be an option still, we have Niels Nkounkou who is young but has a lot of quality.
I think Iwobi can play on the left as a wing back, in my opinion. So we will see.

Carlo on Lewin​

I think he was focused a lot on working hard, now I think he's focused on working hard in the box. That's the click.

James - No Position Needed​

When we have the ball, he doesn't have a specific position. The position he has to cover is more defensively, centre-right.
Usually he is going to find the space he prefers to play. Sometimes he is strongly marked so he tries to move to find more space

Carlo on Maradona​

I think it was handball! But the referee didn't see it! You cannot explain Maradona with the handball.
That World Cup practically he won alone. Of course there were fantastic players, but he practically won it alone.

Carlo on Brands​

I have a good relationship, but apart from this I think he's doing a fantastic job. He's been at the club longer than me,
I found the club well organised. I think it will be important for him to continue and find a deal with the club."

Maybe I will.

I see your team and it screams championship mate.

I remember people saying the exact things you did about Sheffield United last season and they will likely go down this season.

The reality is, last season 2 of the promoted 3 finished in the bottom 4, and the 3rd will go down this season. The gulf is just too big.

If you can get through two years, you stand a chance, over a 5-10 year period of catching where we are now.
By saying it screams championship side is it because you just go on names of players or how team & system performs? because the players aren’t performing like a championship side.

As a few Leeds fans have said don’t be surprised if you struggle on Saturday. The system is greater than a sum of its parts & you may have the “better quality” players but if you let Leeds play don’t expect to turn us over.

By saying it screams championship side is it because you just go on names of players or how team & system performs? because the players aren’t performing like a championship side.

As a few Leeds fans have said don’t be surprised if you struggle on Saturday. The system is greater than a sum of its parts & you may have the “better quality” players but if you let Leeds play don’t expect to turn us over.

Yeah

I just think that annoying Leeds fan got everyone to underrate Leeds. They are a good team, play an open game, and will surely give us trouble defensively.

I fully expect a win, but this is gonna be one of the high scoring games. We need Richy and James to be on point

I said it screams championship because the players are just not very good. Most of them have achieved very little prior to this season. You're a workmanlike team with a decent manager, but the way some Leeds fans go on you're this top team and club with a world class manager waiting to bloom. It's just not the case.

As for your performance, forget the excuses, you got absolutely wallopped by Crystal Palace recently. You couldn't put away a poor Arsenal side who were down to 10 men. You fluked it past Fulham, ckonceding 3 goals at home etc. Had Arsenal kept 11 on you'd have lost that game, and on another day Fulham get a point against you. Which would have left you on 8 points through 9 games, which is relegation form. Thats about the level you are at. As it is you've fluked a couple of results and are slightly above being relegation certs into the bottom 6 category.

As for Saturday, I'm sure we will struggle for patches in the game. We have struggled for patches in almost every game this season. Thats football. Maybe we won't win. However if we want to achieve our goals this season, we really need to be putting away dross like your Leeds of this world. You might not like that, but this is just a game that we need to win. I suspect we will do so.

I said it screams championship because the players are just not very good. Most of them have achieved very little prior to this season. You're a workmanlike team with a decent manager, but the way some Leeds fans go on you're this top team and club with a world class manager waiting to bloom. It's just not the case.

As for your performance, forget the excuses, you got absolutely wallopped by Crystal Palace recently. You couldn't put away a poor Arsenal side who were down to 10 men. You fluked it past Fulham, ckonceding 3 goals at home etc. Had Arsenal kept 11 on you'd have lost that game, and on another day Fulham get a point against you. Which would have left you on 8 points through 9 games, which is relegation form. Thats about the level you are at. As it is you've fluked a couple of results and are slightly above being relegation certs into the bottom 6 category.

As for Saturday, I'm sure we will struggle for patches in the game. We have struggled for patches in almost every game this season. Thats football. Maybe we won't win. However if we want to achieve our goals this season, we really need to be putting away dross like your Leeds of this world. You might not like that, but this is just a game that we need to win. I suspect we wi
That’s a very easy media cliche they work hard & run a lot so that’s all they do.
Of course they work hard but that’s just part of it. I would like to actually see Everton’s actual player movement & passing compared to Leeds. You may have a few players that have that individual brilliance like James that does something off the cuff and win you games but if terms of a way a team moves and rotates with passing sequences would be superior. Obviously Everton have the better quality players but the reason we create as many chances as we do isn’t because we run around. See the move in this tweet

That’s a very easy media cliche they work hard & run a lot so that’s all they do.
Of course they work hard but that’s just part of it. I would like to actually see Everton’s actual player movement & passing compared to Leeds. You may have a few players that have that individual brilliance like James that does something off the cuff and win you games but if terms of a way a team moves and rotates with passing sequences would be superior. Obviously Everton have the better quality players but the reason we create as many chances as we do isn’t because we run around. See the move in this tweet

I'm not being horrible mate, but this is the exact sort of idiocy that gets you nowhere. It's the same as the lad the other day making out Klitch is the best assister in the league.

You do not pass the ball and move it better than us. You've got no players, who are even remotely at the passing, movement or interchange of Richarlinson, James & Calvert Lewin,

I mean you don't even score that many goals. In the 6 games Richarlinson has played, we have scored considerably more goals in your 9 games you've played this season. So for the love of God please don't come on here, and start making out you are blitzing teams with your attacking prowess and passing/movement. Your pass statistics are actually worse than Everton's as it happens, but it doesn't tell you a lot.

Like a lot of championshop teams, you had a bit of a go for a few weeks, and are now coming back down to earth with a bit of a bump.

I've nothing against Leeds, but the rubbish you and many of your fans come out with is offputting. You work hard and have a semi decent coach. We get it. Lets not start going overboard though and keep some degree of perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.