Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think Leeds offer threat playing away from home and we’ve conceded at least 2 in our last 6 league games. I have to assume we’ll continue that trend but we can’t always be scoring 3 per game, especially without Digne.

Conceding goals will be our achilles if we fail to make an impact on the top 6.

Listen, I've been an Everton fan for almost all of my 50 years on this earth...but I'm starting to get jaded (yes, it's taken THIS long). Money, Ancelotti, world-class players and we still are 'Everton That.' I imagine I'll get grief, but the thought of watching the blues against Leeds feels like a trip to the dentists.

Listen, I've been an Everton fan for almost all of my 50 years on this earth...but I'm starting to get jaded (yes, it's taken THIS long). Money, Ancelotti, world-class players and we still are 'Everton That.' I imagine I'll get grief, but the thought of watching the blues against Leeds feels like a trip to the dentists.
Now imagine following us the last 30 years. Absolutely no joy. Do t know yet born you lad.

An Everton win with the opportunity to go 3rd.

Regardless of the threat Leeds pose, we also pose plenty of threats ourselves and I think we'll have too much for them in the shape of Rodriguez, Richarlison, DCL & Iwobi...... Yes, it's Iwobi's time to shine!
Yep, sticking to my 3-2 win for us, like many i am expecting goals, and even predictions from the so called experts all over the internet have a lot of 3-2s or 2-2s

I’m getting senile at an early age. I’ve a 13hr flight leaving at 6am and I’m only now realising I’m going to miss this game. Ffs was looking forward to this as I feel confident that if it is open we will have the greater cutting edge.

I don’t think we will be starting any run of clean sheets in this game like

Their bombing forward should leave space for James passing to exploit. They're only a hard working side, why is everyone so bothered. 3-1 Blues sorry 3-2 Blues.

For some stupid reason, I think we may just produce a professional defensive display, hit them on the counter and wallop them 3-0.

However, a goal fest is more likely.

Could do with a win tomorrow. Will never here the end of it if we lose.

Would love to see us tighten up at the back (and for Jordan not to throw one in). Steady 1-0/2-0 would be absolutely fine.

Mate you came 12th last year with Richarlinson & Calbert Lewin in your team. Perspective goes both ways

Which is still higher than you've finished in over 15 years. That was our worst finish in 16 years as well. They are the levels we are dealing with.

We were bottom 3, under a poor tactical manager in December. Since we made the change we showed top 6-8 form.

We then added James, Allan and Doucoure who are all miles better than all of your players.

So when trying (unsuccessfully I might add) to have a bit of honesty and perspective about your team, dont think that snarky remarks about us is going to work for you.

If you dont go down this season, almost certain you will the season after. When you put even 10 consecutive top flight seasons together, we can compare relative clubs and teams, how about that for a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.