Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

It's easily United for me

I think Leeds fans have delusions of grandeur.Leeds are a big club.But they ain't have as big a club, as their fans seem to think they are.Leeds fans along with Millwalls are the worst in England.Leeds are just a horrible club really.They ain't known as dirty Leeds for nothing.:cool:

--------------Pickford---------------
-----Coleman Keane Holgate------
-------------Allan-------------Digne
Iwobi------------Doucouré---------
--------------James--------Richy---
--------------C-Lewin---------------
--------------------------------------
Really like what I saw in spells on Sunday, and so I'd be willing to give it another try on the proviso we have at least one of Holgate or Coleman back in for Mina to compliment Keane's defensive style. Iwobi slightly further up than Digne being able to exploit the space coming in off the right was a revelation; the only issue being the lack of legs in the middle when Allan and James begin to tire (so an early Davies substitution could work nicely in this system). It's imperative that Doucouré is on his game, linking defence and attack and tracking those runners from deep. Gordon to come on for a tiring Richarlison/James to grab the goal that seals victory.

....tough game, but they’re all tough games for us.

As we showed for 30mins in the first half at Fulham, we can carry a real potent attacking threat. As we showed in the 2nd half, we struggle to maintain attacking tempo over a full game.

At least 2 goals conceded in the last 6 League games is a damming statistic and we won’t be around the top 6 unless that weakness is fixed.

Where would you put Leeds in a list of the big clubs in England?

I think an exact list is pretty difficult to write. Probably high 2nd tier? So Leeds, Newcastle, Everton, Aston Villa. Until a few years ago I'd have put Spurs in that group. All clubs that should be competing for honours, and would be targeting a Cup win if European qualification weren't the be-all and end-all of modern footie. Next tier down would be the likes of Forest, Leicester, Sunderland, both Sheffield teams, Derby, West Ham, Southampton and Portsmouth, with Leicester being the closest to joining that high second tier, which I think they will if they keep their league positions up a few years.

This should be a high scoring one

Cue a 0-0
Last weekend's game was only the 3rd 0-0 we've had under Bielsa. August 2018 at home v a Tony Pulis Middlesbrough and October 2019 away v Sheffield Wednesday. Former due to Pulisball of 'get a free kick, send up the 6'6'' CBs, lump it in', latter due to both keepers having world-class games.
I like Leeds and glad they back in PL but 2 man buns in the starting 11 is abit much.
Ayling has always had a ponytail since he's been with us. Jackie's is a result of lockdown, used to be a much more sensible boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.