Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the Spirit of the Blues gone? Appreciate we’ve had a blip but we were never going to go from the dirge of last season to world beaters.

When our front 3 play we have goals which is massive.

Of course we need to tighten up at the back. Hasn’t been helped by injuries but it should be achievable. Arguably easier to achieve than getting a team to score goals.

That was arguably the worst half of football we've played in the last 5 years which included some of the disgusting stuff played under Bobby Mo's last season, RonKoe and Silva.

Talk about an overreaction

It was also a result of a tactical set up. We sat back, brought James and Richy further back and the idea was probably to counter. It didn't work. But we need to stop giving it so much attention

Where’s the Spirit of the Blues gone? Appreciate we’ve had a blip but we were never going to go from the dirge of last season to world beaters.

When our front 3 play we have goals which is massive.

Of course we need to tighten up at the back. Hasn’t been helped by injuries but it should be achievable. Arguably easier to achieve than getting a team to score goals.
Very good point. I would like to think that with our first choice midfield and attack we won't have to be over reliant on, let's face it, an international class defence.

It was also a result of a tactical set up. We sat back, brought James and Richy further back and the idea was probably to counter. It didn't work. But we need to stop giving it so much attention

Wonder what Carlo said to them at half time, sit back and hold as you are tired, or keep pressing to get another goal or two. However I think Parker gave his players a good talking, changed his tactics and his subs were good far better than our pair.

Hope a lesson has been learnt for this game.

PS I have always hated Leeds going back to the Revie time.

Not sure what all the hype is with Leeds, they are a decent enough side but if Everton play any way decent they should have enough in the locker to [Poor language removed] these - Everton will be in the top 4 and Leeds 4 off the drop. We just need to go at them and tighten up at the back so my squad (again)

Pickford
Holgate Keane Godfrey Digne
Doucoure Allan
Iwobi
James Richarlison
Lewindowski

Status
Not open for further replies.