Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Ebbrell scores Everton’s third goal in their 3-1 victory against Leeds United in the Zenith Data Systems Cup Area Final, Northern Section, second leg played at Goodison Park on the 21st March 1991.

John Ebbrell. Was a product of that football school of excellence thing at Lillesham. Have distinct memories of him not being very good but playing all the time and being part of a very average group of players when we transitioned from title contenders to mid table. Including Cottee, Ward, Preki etc

Hope we pump Leeds. Very bad club

I think it likely we now will stick with the wing back system, considering Digne's injury:

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Keane
Iwobi Allan Doucoure Nkounkou
James DCL Richarlison​

Actually, we might switch Iwobi back to the left...

Pickford
Godfrey Holgate Keane
Coleman Allan Doucoure Iwobi
James DCL Richarlison​

We can easily beat this Leeds team, they can do all the high press they want, Allan and James will slow the game down nicely in midfield and our Talisman Richarlison with something to prove can poach us a couple of early goals. I'm worried about the way we buckled with Fulham in the second half, but I feel we will have learned a lot from that game.

Nice 5:30pm game too so we can enjoy a few cold ones .:pint2:

John Ebbrell. Was a product of that football school of excellence thing at Lillesham. Have distinct memories of him not being very good but playing all the time and being part of a very average group of players when we transitioned from title contenders to mid table. Including Cottee, Ward, Preki etc

Hope we pump Leeds. Very bad club
He was good under Royle in midfield though. A key part of the dogs of war mentality along with Barry Horne.

He was good under Royle in midfield though. A key part of the dogs of war mentality along with Barry Horne.
I always thought that was more Parkinson and Horne but you’re right enough. Was dropped for the 95 semi against spurs and never properly recovered his place. Sold to Sheffield United (under Kendall) for 1.5 mill and was injured after 45 mins and never played again.

I always thought that was more Parkinson and Horne but you’re right enough. Was dropped for the 95 semi against spurs and never properly recovered his place. Sold to Sheffield United (under Kendall) for 1.5 mill and was injured after 45 mins and never played again.
Yeah that's true Parkinson was the better of the 2 and won that place at some point. But Ebbrell played a decent role that season and ended up a reliable enough back up to Horne and Parkinson for a season or so after that from what I remember (could be wrong there)

Status
Not open for further replies.