Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He gives the ball away an awful lot.
Yes he does. We also had a throw in at one stage, I couldn’t help but notice him hiding. Just standing by a Leeds player so the throw wouldn’t go to him. I hate to single players out, most were poor, but he’s poor more often than not. I think Gomes needs to start sooner or later.

Can't see Carlo hanging around with this shower for much longer

He picks the team and formation. He thought Alex Iwobi and Fabian Delph were better options at left back than a natural left back who has impressed this season when called upon and offers us what we lack in Dignes absence.

He also thinks having Sigurdsson, Gomes & Delph (Same players who let him down last season and who have been terrible this season) as options as opposed to lads like Gordon who haven’t let him down when called upon and actually impressed and offers us something different, is a good idea.

Im a big fan of Ancelotti but buck stops with him. Crap team selection. Crap formation & crap plan - whatever that was.

Sorry lads, it has to be said, Carlo lost us that one. A team as quick and energetic as Leeds and we play with two slow midfielders as wingbacks.

It was also inexcusable that we had no pace on the bench, with neither Gordon or Nkounkou in the match day squad. At least he didn't bring Tosun on today.

Allen, Pickford, Holgate and James were good , the rest, not so much.

Highly questionable choices today.

So frustrating as well. Surely they've would have seen the league table before kick off. The unbeaten start was great whilst it lasted and we're now back.

Which is still higher than you've finished in over 15 years. That was our worst finish in 16 years as well. They are the levels we are dealing with.

We were bottom 3, under a poor tactical manager in December. Since we made the change we showed top 6-8 form.

We then added James, Allan and Doucoure who are all miles better than all of your players.

So when trying (unsuccessfully I might add) to have a bit of honesty and perspective about your team, dont think that snarky remarks about us is going to work for you.

If you dont go down this season, almost certain you will the season after. When you put even 10 consecutive top flight seasons together, we can compare relative clubs and teams, how about that for a deal?
Not a bad performance for a team of championship plodders

Status
Not open for further replies.