Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Can only question the exclusion of Niels. Otherwise I don’t know what else you can do differently in the starting XI. Formation wise I don’t get it. Leaves us over run in midfield.

....big surprise it took Leeds so long to score, another surprise is us only conceding one. Leeds thoroughly deserving the win.

Blame the players but also blame Ancelotti, he’s struggling to make us hard to beat which is a key requirement of his job. Strange set-up in a number of games, essentially playing a back five. Davies supporting Rodriguez = no pace on one side of the pitch and no pace on the bench if required. Ancelotti must be as accountable for results as the team.

DCL was neat and tidy but Allan was stand out performer.
I agree he is very slow to react and the selection was questionable I felt like it was a matter of time before they scored today because we never had a grip of midfield and our wingbacks were being picked off. But we also have to admit our squad is frighteningly thin he doesn't seem to trust either backup full back.

Sorry lads, it has to be said, Carlo lost us that one. A team as quick and energetic as Leeds and we play with two slow midfielders as wingbacks.

It was also inexcusable that we had no pace on the bench, with neither Gordon or Nkounkou in the match day squad. At least he didn't bring Tosun on today.

Allen, Pickford, Holgate and James were good , the rest, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.