Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad in the end that it was only 1-0.
Our lines are too far apart making it simple for footballing teams to play thru and around us.
Our 3 CBs are as average as they come and the main problem is that we do not have style or substance.
Leeds pinged it at speed with great movement then when we have possession we are in slow motion looking for players to pass to rather than automatically knowing where to pass to. We are going to take a right thumping by someone this season if we cannot sort the defence and tighten the lines.
Richarlison is bang off form and if we cannot feed DCL then he becomes a non productive player. January is a must for new players and time to evaluate what we have.

Thought allen was our motm a few times was reminding me of Peter Ried

Disappointing. I'm trying not to be too pessimistic. Leeds are a good side. On another day and a bit more luck those goals fall onside. Also if digne played today I think we would have won. There would have been so much space for to whip crosses in from.

Leeds are like the opposite of us. Poor quality players, but organised playing in a system that they know. We have better players than them, but they play like they only met this morning and don't know what their jobs are. It was horrible to watch. I sort of feel like the season is already done, even though we are not even half way through it. Carlo's idea of playing Tom Davies at RWB and moving Iwobi to LWB, instead of Nkounku coming in at LWB didn't work at all. its not Davies position, he can't really tackle or cross, so I'm not sure what he was meant to do out there.
The central defenders seemed to spend a lot of time getting in each others way as well

We set up really weirdly and proceeded to get beat by the better team. Nothing surprising and I can’t really complain at the result.

Can’t tell if you’re agreeing with me or not.
I'm not. You've said we should have lost 3 or 4 to nil and we definitely shouldn't have as the opportunities to score were there and we just messed it up. You can't say that they should have taken all there chances and we shouldn't have so it should be 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.