Everton v Huddersfield Town - Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
This tickled me more than it should have.

Everton that.jpg

You'd drop Sigurdsson?!?!?!?!?!?

He's been probably our best player in 2 out of the 3 league games not a chance he's getting dropped.

And Gana as well (provided he's fit) will definitely start.

I'd go with:-

Pickford

Coleman, Holgate, Zouma, Digne
Gana, Davies
Walcott, Sigurdsson, DCL/Bernard
Tosun
That won't be far off the line up I expect to see, however I think Morgan will likely play if he's fit.

I note there’s a lot questioning the need for 2DMs against Huddersfield. I think our porous defence needs as many bodies protecting it as possible. Gana and Morgues are nailed on starters and I would like to see 1 or 2 more bodies drafted in. Our back 4 is as dire as any in the League...they leak goals like a cup with no bottom leaks tea ...or coffee (depending on what was in the cup before the bottom fell out).
With our shonky defence, the best plan of attack is KITAP1.

Disclaimer: I have yet to see Fat Lazza in action. Hopefully he might add the starch that Snail lacked.

I note there’s a lot questioning the need for 2DMs against Huddersfield. I think our porous defence needs as many bodies protecting it as possible. Gana and Morgues are nailed on starters and I would like to see 1 or 2 more bodies drafted in. Our back 4 is as dire as any in the League...they leak goals like a cup with no bottom leaks tea ...or coffee (depending on what was in the cup before the bottom fell out).
With our shonky defence, the best plan of attack is KITAP1.

Disclaimer: I have yet to see Fat Lazza in action. Hopefully he might add the starch that Snail lacked.
I don't see any reason to change things around. We have created plenty of chances from the 4231 and we really shouldn't change it unless we are struggling during a game in which case we have options from the bench to take off one of the DMs.

Davies ran around a lot last night and might go to the bench for a rest. Schiedenfraud to come in. Really hope Gana is back and fit or Davies might be in his spot next to aforementioned French dilettante. Who knows if Bernard or Looki are fit or not - certainly not match fit so might do a half apiece. By jiminy There are way too many injuries and slight knocks for this line-up prediction to be taken seriously this week!

If Gana isn't fully fit theres no point risking him back in - especially given that Schneiderlin is back now.

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Zouma Digne
Schneiderlin
Walcott Davies Sigurdsson DCL
Tosun
Only right to reward DCL with a start after his two goals last night and with Lookman, Richarlison and Bernard not fit/suspended, he seems to be the only option for there. Baines cost us the 3 points on Saturday IMO and Digne impressed last night.

this team for me - 3-1 COYB !

I’m confident we can claim the three points, but we still seem to struggle to see off teams even when we dominate, I expect the win but feel it will be a nervous ending again - Especially with the depleted list of players.

Get through this and it’s a nice period for Marco to work with a big group of players to help gel.

Huddersfield will present a similar set up to Southampton sitting back and looking to expose us on the break, with the additions of Digne, Schneiderlin, Gana & Zouma I feel we be comfortable recovering possession.

Walcott and Gylfi have been fantastic off the ball - possibly due to Richarlison’s running and whoever comes in for Richarlison is going to need to be in sync with both.

Going 2-0 Tosun.

Do we really need to play with 2 DMs, against a side like Huddersfield?

Yep we always will as that still leaves us 3 attackers plus support from the wing backs, the DM's then cover the holes left by the flank. Its been a tried and tested formation for the likes of Milan and Juventus over the years. I think it works well and provides plenty of cover for our attacking players to have more freedom and less need to track back or worry about not trying something etc.

Ooh nice to see a bit of competition for places here.

Schneiderlin protects the CB's better than Gana, but dropping Davies would be harsh imo.
DCL making a claim with his goals as well, but Tosun has been good as a target man.

Nice problems to have for sure!

These are poor and in a few months time we'd be turning these over by a wide margin. But obvious that the team is still adapting (especially defensively) so a win of any description will do.

Extra points if we can do it with out conceding from a set-piece or going down to 10 men again... :confused:

Pickford

Coleman - Holgate - Zouma - Digne

Schneiderlin - Davies

Sigurdsson

Walcott - Tosun - DCL​

For me, Davies needs to be managed better than he has been up to now - Popping him in and out the team takes the pressure off him to develop. Personally would like to see him on the bench if Gana and Schneiderlin are available.

DCL left mid is horrible, but as others have said I don’t think Bernard has the fitness and Lookman will probably be gone imo

At home, against Huddersfield do you reckon there’s scope to play two up top and let the full backs create the width.

Ideally I don’t want us changing too much as the team make themselves familiar with the new style, but 2 up top and wing backs creating the width could be problematic for these in the same way City got at them. Just think launching in anyone for Richarlison is going to change the system loads given no one can bring what he has - Direct, strong penetrating runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.