Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why this team will deceive and flatter its way to 9th place. They'll give us the odd impressive, hope-inspiring win here and there, but this lot will achieve nothing. When push comes to shove, they fall over. Thanks to tonight and the recent failure to turn up against Newcastle, we could win the next two against City and Liverpool and still only be par for the course of where we would have expected to be from those four games. If this is progress, it's very slow.

Its nights like this I doubt CA is capable of bringing success to this club, not even Guardiola could. We are screwed and unmanageable, we will just sit here making up the premier league numbers...............

42 today, all I can really remember is an FA Cup victory in a team that was nearly relegated, the rest is just disappointment after disappointment. Any Evertonian making their kids Blues need their heads examining.

Ancelotti brought this on us today.

You are right. We have seen us play at pace for little periods of some games this season and the difference is for all to see
You are right. We have seen us play at pace for little periods of some games this season and the difference is for all to see
We are always passing back, them Sigs or Gomes just stop then the opponents just re group and that the attack ended. We do it time and time again.

I like Carlo. I think we’ve seen clear progress with him. We’re not going to do any better for a manager.

But today and the Newcastle games are absolute failures of coaching. You can blame the players for effort all you want (and he and the fans will), but the lineups and tactics in those games were abysmal.

We set up to be a slow but technical team meant to break down a bunker. But we got an opponent that came to press and attack, and not only could the formation and chosen players not cope with it, but he waited until the game was already lost to bother to change anything at all.

This same scenario has happened multiple times this season, and it smacks of not taking the opponent seriously and not being prepared as a coaching staff. Who really thought Fulham was going to bunker and hope to nick a goal when they’re desperate for wins and fighting to stay in the league? Have we even watched them play lately?

Our guys looked like they had no idea what to do half the time. No plan at all.

Players pick up on the manager’s attitude. If he’s not taking a game seriously enough to properly prepare, they won’t either. So everyone’s to blame for this crap, top to bottom.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why this team will deceive and flatter its way to 9th place. They'll give us the odd impressive, hope-inspiring win here and there, but this lot will achieve nothing. When push comes to shove, they fall over. Thanks to tonight and the recent failure to turn up against Newcastle, we could win the next two against City and Liverpool and still only be par for the course of where we would have expected to be from those four games. If this is progress, it's very slow.
9th is generous

I would like to know why we play with no intensity. Is it because most of our players do not have the ability or they are being told to play that way.
Ability probably.Carlo in hindsight should have played 442 with Richy and King upfront ,would have give us much more of an option to go forward.Thought as bad as we were that Fulham played superbly.Hope they stay up.

You must be pleased. Now you can get your damn doodle from @UptheTofees but don't get too excited about it because all you are getting is a dog!
@UptheTofees is a man of integrity. He said he will draw a doodle of you french kissing a poodle if we lose. And if I know Tofee. He is a man who won't betray his word.

Less some manipulative person hasn't PM'd him and worked a spell. Perhaps worked some extortion in there...

Hey... what makes you so sure he won't anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.