Match Thread Everton v Fulham - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

ev

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there that day when a 2nd division Fulham beat us in the cup in 75, with 2 goals by Viv Busby. The only things I can remember about that day was Busbys goal scoring celebrations, their goalie having white hair and how bad I felt afterwards. But I think this is worse.
There as well. Turned up expecting a cricket score. Arrogant then. Arrogant tonight. It's Lawro's fault. Mentioned that this fixture is historically the most predictable in Prem history.

599E7CD7-4DFD-46D7-8E9B-4928874913E5.jpeg

If you were to pick a combined 11 from tonight's game there's not one of our players get onto it, normally when you get beat there might be 1 or 2 that you could say he did well but had no help.. not tonight, not a single one of them can even say they played bad, it was worse than bad, to a man every one of them was horrific.

Everton 0 - 1 West Ham
Everton 0 - 2 Newcastle
Everton 0 - 2 Fulham

What the actual F has happened to us to produce those performances at home?
We rely on luck a lot and luck isn't a thing that is more useful against lower sides than higher ones. That's really all I think it is. For example we were poor against Arsenal for the last 70 minutes but managed to sneak a goal off a corner and hold on. Sometimes that happens sometimes it doesn't.

Leicester were excellent, Man Utd were excellent, Spurs were excellent and Fulham were excellent. (managers and pundits words). Bit of a pattern emerging showing we allow teams to play, we allow teams too much space. (I am talking about overall play not results)
We are very slow in our play as well, we have been since Silvas days here. Pace is very important in modern football and we need more of it.

The players have something to answer for, Ancelotti shoulders his share of the blame, they need to be accountable for theirs

These players need simplicity. Systems that are defined and clear.

It goes without saying they should perform better, but the manager set the tone today. I can't ignore that.

Status
Not open for further replies.