Homepage Update: Everton v Crystal Palace Sat 10/2, 15.00

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be getting carried away with a win against a Palace side that never showed up.

The problem remains the same.
A defence which has to include one or more of Jags, Williams, Keane, Mangala is going to struggle to keep a clean sheet and nailed on to give a cheap goal away. Do these 4 know how to pass a ball, tackle, take good positions, etc etc

As yesterday, our best hope is top keep the ball up the pitch.

Nice to win though. ;)

Holgate and Funes Mori will be the same.

As soon as Zaha was ruled out our chances of winning went up big-time.

Woy was wrong: Palace are a one-man team.

EFC are one of the better teams in our league - the 7th spot till the bottom League.

If Zaha misses half price more of Palace’s remaining matches then I think they will go down tbh. I was always confident when I knew he was out. In fact I would flippin love it if we signed him.

If Zaha misses half price more of Palace’s remaining matches then I think they will go down tbh. I was always confident when I knew he was out. In fact I would flippin love it if we signed him.

..I think it was BBC who put up the stats of Palace results with and without Zaha and they really do struggle without him. Saying that, i don’t think his goalscoring return is very good and he’s another who (a bit like Bolasie) makes the game look a little complicated.

What's the significance of the 40 point mark?

It’s considered “safe” from relegation, most of the sides outside of the top 6 set it as the minimum benchmark at the start of the season. I’m not sure if anyone has ever been relegated on 40 or more points since the start of the premier league.

It’s considered “safe” from relegation, most of the sides outside of the top 6 set it as the minimum benchmark at the start of the season. I’m not sure if anyone has ever been relegated on 40 or more points since the start of the premier league.

..it is amazing down at the bottom, though. The teams down there keep picking up points. Huddersfield winning this afternoon and now Newcastle beating United. Perhaps more than 40 points is required this season so we need to continue to pick up points.

Crystal Palace relegated in 1993 with 49 points, Sheffield Utd in 1994 with 42, Norwich in 1995 with 43, Sunderland in 1997 with 40, Bolton in 1998 with 40 and West Ham in 2003 with 42. In recent years 40 points seem to be safe enough.

..it is amazing down at the bottom, though. The teams down there keep picking up points. Huddersfield winning this afternoon and now Newcastle beating United. Perhaps more than 40 points is required this season so we need to continue to pick up points.

I can’t see more than 4 out of the bottom 8 teams getting to the 40 point mark, some weekends more of them will do well and we seem to have had one of those weekends, but based on most teams having 11 games left and 27 points or less, these teams would have to win more than 4 games out of their remaining 11 games to get to 40 points

I can’t see more than 4 out of the bottom 8 teams getting to the 40 point mark, some weekends more of them will do well and we seem to have had one of those weekends, but based on most teams having 11 games left and 27 points or less, these teams would have to win more than 4 games out of their remaining 11 games to get to 40 points

..be interesting to see how many points teams at the bottom had this time last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.