Homepage Update: Everton v Crystal Palace Sat 10/2, 15.00

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been worried since the first day underDe Boer when we lost 0-3 at home to Huddersfield. No points and no goals from the first 7 games, we're well placed considering. Next 3 or 4 are tough but the run in is better and we should have Zaha and Sako back for those. I still think we'll just about be ok.

Think stoke/huddersfield/brighton/west brom/newcastle are far worse than Palace

From the highlights I've seen we looked ok. Created chances, scored the goals at the right time.

But we give up far too many free headers in our own area. Eventually teams will bury those.

Missing LCFC without Mahrez and Palace without Saha was nice, but we were the better sides.

Honestly, Davies/Gana make the difference. 6 and an 8. Davies was good, but Gana was awesome today. Good on the ball and picked off balls all over the pitch.

Niasse was crap in the first half honestly.

If we aren't forced to sub Mangala and Coleman, we win 4 or 5 nil at least.

I liked Cuco's efforts, especially the cheeky left-foot chip to Niasse for the goal.
He did well against Townsend, another man playing on the "wrong" side of the pitch.

I won't be getting carried away with a win against a Palace side that never showed up.

The problem remains the same.
A defence which has to include one or more of Jags, Williams, Keane, Mangala is going to struggle to keep a clean sheet and nailed on to give a cheap goal away. Do these 4 know how to pass a ball, tackle, take good positions, etc etc

As yesterday, our best hope is top keep the ball up the pitch.

Nice to win though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.