Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of the final result, I think it will just be a relief to get this match out of the way. Controversial opinion I know, but I actually think it's the least "winnable" fixture of what's left. (Yes, I know we're at home). But Chelsea are a class side with ridiculously good players and I don't believe for one second that they'll simply sit back and let us roll over them.

I think we could get a result but it wouldn't be a shock if we didn't, and while we all want Watford to beat Burnley, it would be a bit surprising given Warford's horrible home form.

And then we'd start to worry a bit more about our chances when we go there. These are worrying times.

Regardless of the final result, I think it will just be a relief to get this match out of the way. Controversial opinion I know, but I actually think it's the least "winnable" fixture of what's left. (Yes, I know we're at home). But Chelsea are a class side with ridiculously good players and I don't believe for one second that they'll simply sit back and let us roll over them.
Arsenal away on the last day is the nightmare fixture. We need to be completely safe before then.

Was that when that massive grock Mickey Droy was their centre half?
Looking back in the archive, it looks as if the centre backs that day were Hinton and Dempsey. (he scored the first of their consolation goals) Droy must have been later. I used to think he had just wandered in from the Hammer Horror film set.

I was really hoping Burnley dropped points today so it didn't seem like do or die tomorrow. Our players won't cope well with that pressure.

Chelsea are a very good team. If Leicester can play us off at the park at Goodison, it's a big ask for it to go any differently tomorrow.

It’s been a bad Saturday for the blues. Need to win tomorrow but a draw would be better than nothing. Losing puts us five points from safety with only a game in hand and means we’re relying on others slipping AND us winning.
This where Lampard needs to show what he and his team are made of.

With Burnley fighting for their place in the Premier League it looks like Leeds must be our target. A win tomorrow and we are just one point behind them. They have a very tough run of games, to overhaul them isn't a massive task if these players commit to earning the right to play at the highest level. A win tomorrow would make a huge statement of intent for the remaining games. COYB.

Status
Not open for further replies.