Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We simply have to win this. Regardless of what Burnley does. What an absolutely dire situation we have put ourselves in, being forced to beat one of europes best teams just to not be cut completely adrift possibly by 5 points Extremely worried ?

Just to inspire myself I remembered that the first time I saw Chelsea at Goodison (or indeed anywhere) was the 5-2 victory in 1970 that went a good way to clinching the title. If memory serves me, Howard Kendall scored in the first minute. They were in the Cup Final that year as well.
Was that when that massive grock Mickey Droy was their centre half?

I was there, had to be careful, the Shed was a bit 'iffy' in those days! :)
We went down there in A Minibus in the 70’s, back in the day when most scarves were just blue and white bands, no names on them. We got to the ground about five minutes after kick-off because we got lost. Went up to plod and asked which way was the away end and he said ‘you’re here mate’, we thanked him and went inside. It was only when we went over to the hot dog seller and started ordering some grub that everyone around us turned and looked at us into bar-steward had only sent us into the Shed! Cue running battle to get into the paddock anddown to our end. Got plenty of smacks and kicks getting down to the Everton end and when we got there, we got a few more off the Everton lads who thought we were Chelsea charging them! Happy days ?

We went down there in A Minibus in the 70’s, back in the day when most scarves were just blue and white bands, no names on them. We got to the ground about five minutes after kick-off because we got lost. Went up to plod and asked which way was the away end and he said ‘you’re here mate’, we thanked him and went inside. It was only when we went over to the hot dog seller and started ordering some grub that everyone around us turned and looked at us into bar-steward had only sent us into the Shed! Cue running battle to get into the paddock anddown to our end. Got plenty of smacks and kicks getting down to the Everton end and when we got there, we got a few more off the Everton lads who thought we were Chelsea charging them! Happy days ?
Love reading stories like this. UTFT

The most important entity in that stadium are the fans. I'm fully here for the rousing reception fans are planning to get these players up for the fight. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Tough game but I trust us in fixtures where we're not expected to get anything. It's on Sunday so I'll be at church saying prayers for this team of ours. UTT.

3 points needed here. Cup final effort. And we are at home. Well done to those organising a reception for the team. Hopefully it will add something and carry that into the ground. Make it horrible for chelsea and the ref.
The koppites got home decisions due to it and goodison can have that effect no doubt if it's in the mood.
3 points going onto leicester and we will be showing the gloves are off . Utft

Ha ha. Brilliant. Prob not then but great memories to have

My first ever Everton game my late dad took me to was Everton 3 Chelsea 2 back in 78. Would take a scruffy own goal tomorrow to win it.

Past results against them at Goodison speak differently.
It's sad to read that it would be a shock result if we won. Personally, considering Chelsea's erratic form of late, I think it would be a shock if they won. History has led me to not worry about playing Chelsea, home or away, and I'm not worried today either.

Reactions: kev

Status
Not open for further replies.