Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling Alli will start. Regular sub appearances now and had a good scoring record v Chelsea in his Spurs days. Feels like one of those gut reaction decisions from a manager to throw him in from the start and see what happens for an hour.

Plus Iwobi really hasn't done much at all since his 98th minute winner v Newcastle.
Iwobi hasn't done much since the Newcastle game? Not sure I agree with that...

Just to inspire myself I remembered that the first time I saw Chelsea at Goodison (or indeed anywhere) was the 5-2 victory in 1970 that went a good way to clinching the title. If memory serves me, Howard Kendall scored in the first minute. They were in the Cup Final that year as well.

Just to inspire myself I remembered that the first time I saw Chelsea at Goodison (or indeed anywhere) was the 5-2 victory in 1970 that went a good way to clinching the title. If memory serves me, Howard Kendall scored in the first minute. They were in the Cup Final that year as well.
Yes Howard scored after I think 13 seconds and Ball added a second after 2 mins , we were 5-0 up , in the Park End one of 58,500 .

They won the cup and we played them in the Charity Shield .

Iwobi hasn't done much since the Newcastle game? Not sure I agree with that...

I mean he's ran around a bit at least. But still misplaced pass lead to West Ham winner, didn't do much at Burnley, alright v Man. United in a rare good team performance and then thought he was on periphery v Leicester and Liverpool when likes of Gordon were excellent...

I think if that's what the team's number 10 is going to produce for next 6 games I'd rather give Alli a start or two to see if he can do anything like breaking into the box a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.