Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were really good tonight, albeit against a United side that’s virtually given up. Will need a frenzied atmosphere, an incredible effort and a bit of luck.

Apparently traveling by bus chelsea are...thats 2 big away trip in not so many days...hopefully that will help us.
Indeed...
yoda-art-observer.jpg

I’m more confident that we’ll do you now than I was a day or so ago but still not massively convinced that we’ll do enough. If you score first and put a few hard tackles in we’ll be in trouble. I’d probably take a point.

They're much better than United so wary about getting carried away. Keep it tight and nick one eh? They cant finish their dinner.

One thing from their game last night, dont be rolling out the fkin red carpet to Reece James, letting him roam free all game and standing 20 yards off him every time to let him get a cross in.

The bookies views.... they also have Burnley down for an away win. Lets hope theya re wrong.

Correct Score: Everton 0-1 Chelsea (Sky Bet odds: 11/2)​

• Sky Sports: Sunday, 14:00
Everton are in major trouble thanks to Burnley's resurgence - and their own shortcomings - but will be happy to be back at Goodison Park, where their three wins under Lampard have all come.

Away from home they have been simply shocking, results and process wise, but at home they have been more competitive, making games tight-knit affairs with few chances at either end (1.07 xGF, 0.93 xGA per home game under FL).

Chelsea were unfortunate not to beat Manchester United in midweek after creating the better chances (xG: MUN 0.62 - 1.85 CHE), but it does mean that Thomas Tuchel's side have averaged 2.30 xGF per game across their last five road trips.

The Blues have had issues at Stamford Bridge this term, with much of their success coming away from home, winning 11 of 17 this season, so as much as Everton will be pleased to have home comforts here, Chelsea will be happier that this game is away from the Bridge.

Chelsea have wolves, Leicester and Watford at home left

Should be an easy 9 points there to secure top 4 regardless of what happens on their other games

They should just rotate and play their second string on Sunday to keep their main players ready for the wolves game
I'm hoping they won't want to risk players in a battle, tackles will be going in, they have much easier games to focus on.

Status
Not open for further replies.