Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll.

Your Everton MOTM vs Chelsea

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Burnley fighting for their place in the Premier League it looks like Leeds must be our target. A win tomorrow and we are just one point behind them. They have a very tough run of games, to overhaul them isn't a massive task if these players commit to earning the right to play at the highest level. A win tomorrow would make a huge statement of intent for the remaining games. COYB.
It’ll be very tough but we can rescue ourselves.

Lose this and we are done. We need to keep pace and have that 2 point gap by the time we play the game in hand. Even then there are no guarantees.

We probably need four wins now. We haven’t managed that form all season. I’m sorry to say but I really can’t see it.

Lose this and we are done. We need to keep pace and have that 2 point gap by the time we play the game in hand. Even then there are no guarantees.

We probably need four wins now. We haven’t managed that form all season. I’m sorry to say but I really can’t see it.
Looking like 10 points minimum now. We’ve got ourselves in a right mess here

Looking forward to this match, the atmosphere should be fantastic. Let's hope the team puts in the performance and gets the result the fans deserve. COYB!

-EVECHE.jpg

It’ll be very tough but we can rescue ourselves.
It will be but as a group of players they need to realise that you have to earn the right to play at the highest level. They should take some inspiration from Burnley, they want Premier League football next year and are prepared to work hard to get it.

Please Frank can we start with a striker tomorrow? Rondon will do, or rather he'll have to do. Of the very few chances we've created recently they've been wasted by none finishers and it's a large part of the reason we're now 5 points adrift. Start him, don't wait until the 78th minute and we're chasing the game.

I think Leeds can be drawn back in. They’re not great defensively. Win tomorrow and they’re well and truly looking over their shoulders.

Can’t help but feel we absolutely MUST win tomorrow though or we’re done.

Let’s get the place bouncing.

It’s still in our hands in the sense that if we win every one of our remaining matches we stay up even if Burnley win every one of their remaining matches.

Realistically, though, we are almost certainly going to lose at Arsenal on the final day of the season. And we will almost certainly lose the Leicester away game.

Tomorrow is looking like a game that we simply can’t afford to lose. Lose it and realistically we are down. A draw would still leave us in with a shout.

My fear for tomorrow is that we will start poorly as we always do and our fans will become restless and possibly even angry. As we saw during the Benitez era (if you can call it that!) abusing our own players is counterproductive and usually leads to defeat.

With Burnley fighting for their place in the Premier League it looks like Leeds must be our target. A win tomorrow and we are just one point behind them. They have a very tough run of games, to overhaul them isn't a massive task if these players commit to earning the right to play at the highest level. A win tomorrow would make a huge statement of intent for the remaining games. COYB.
Good point. I hadn’t really thought about Leeds.

Regardless of the final result, I think it will just be a relief to get this match out of the way. Controversial opinion I know, but I actually think it's the least "winnable" fixture of what's left. (Yes, I know we're at home). But Chelsea are a class side with ridiculously good players and I don't believe for one second that they'll simply sit back and let us roll over them.
agree

Status
Not open for further replies.