Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen it first hand already this season. Imagine the Everton of the start of the season most weeks, without siggurdson Davies and co as back up. Once that changes we will move up a massive gear In weekly performance.

Oh and a clean sheet for the first time this season? Finally the defence has a good 90 minutes!
Second. Spurs, first game of the season, 1-0

Darn due to circs unable to watch on the box or get a stream. But read many reports of game, all good, a real TEAM performance. Godfrey just shaded Keane for MOM, but Keane was solid. Hope we can out in week and repeat. Not keen on Siggy but hats off to him for a very good game.

On the subject of the penalty, yes it was right but for me having looked at the video a number of times I feel that Mendy should have been shown Red.

I think he's still doing that step to the side thing after he's lined up the wall which leaves him struggling to cover all of the goal that the wall isnt covering
I don't like his attitude towards the teammates - all this imperious yelling and screaming at Allan while lining up the wall, and in the end, he failed to cover the space.

It's not 3 points I expected in all honesty but it's a big 3 points for us after the run we have had. Team put a shift in and now season looks a little different yet again when you look at the table.

4 points from the foxes and gunners this next week and we are right back to being in the Europe mix , whether or not we actually should be, hopefully one of those seasons that we can jam our way into Europe .

Nice to see Godfrey have a good game with holgate. Would love them to be our pairing long term and Godfrey getting better each week is a delight to see.

Richy like I said at the start of the season needs to be more clinical and 12? Games In he is proving me right, hardworking but no end product. He turns that around and all or a sudden with James we have a potent attack.

All in all boss result for the 2000 fans, made up for those who got to return and see us winning again.
Considering the current state of Foxes and Gunners, I say we should beat them, especially after disgraceful losses of points with Leeds, Southampton, Newcastle, and Burnely. But I don't know whether this victory against Chelsea is a real revival for Everton or just well too known situation when we spend all energy to win against the strong side only to be beaten by mediocre teams.

It was really reminiscent of Ferguson vs them, Whole team is struggling, December fixtures look rough on paper, But we went out and every player dug in and got a deserved victory like Ferguson did.

Can't make my mind up about the Chelsea game. All the praise poured on us by the media, and yet we played to stop them scoring and relied on breakaways. It is kind of admitting we have deteriorated to that level of football, the weak team playing to good team. I suppose we have and I am glad of the 3 points. The TV pundits said plenty of the usual, about plucky, hard working Everton. Maybe Carlo can take us to the next stage where we dictate the game and play attacking football. Until then....

It wasn’t pretty however it was a well organised performance with Keane and Godfrey in particular excellent. I also thought the Icelandic bog brush put a good shift in. Richarlison was a bit moody wasn’t he. Odd performance from him.

Admittedly I was expecting a loss last night so am delighted to be wrong.

Anyone mind letting me know if you can rate the players on that article?
Done..GOT

The fact that he came and made that punch, commanding his area is something I’ve wanted him to do for a while. The vital touch he got to the free kick at full stretch was excellent goalkeeping and a vital part in why we got 3 points

He’s made a lot of good save but the point I was making is that this is usual sandwiched between a few clangers. I’d love for him to add a bit more consistency and maturity to his game as he’s a brilliant shot stopper.

I suppose all keepers make mistakes. Difficult position to play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.