Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
tbf to Iwobi, he out an absolute peach of a ball in towards the end but Doucoure, DCL and Richarlison didn't gamble with a run right through the middle and Doucoure was too late in the far stick.

For every game where he's lobbed in a couple of horrible crosses, nearly every game he's played (except Leeds) he's out some terrific balls in.

a lot more good than bad from him yesterday. I can only recall 2 poor crosses but the rest of his play was superb. Confidence growing - hopefully

We’re so Jekyll & Hyde it’s ridiculous. I know we only had 20%-odd possession, but what pleased me the most was the proper shot blocking, not these tame lift a leg a bit efforts we usually see. We defended like our lives depended on it and that’s the mentality you’ve got to have. They shall not pass.
That's us in a nutshell. We are the ultimate accy buster...a bookmaker's dream team.

Coyb! Great win yesterday, beating title contenders again and siggurdson having a good game is hopefully a sign of things to come. Let's put a string of wins together lads and get up behind the arse of the title chasers to really spook them out. The media won't like it but ancelotti is going for another title.

Darn due to circs unable to watch on the box or get a stream. But read many reports of game, all good, a real TEAM performance. Godfrey just shaded Keane for MOM, but Keane was solid. Hope we can out in week and repeat. Not keen on Siggy but hats off to him for a very good game.

On the subject of the penalty, yes it was right but for me having looked at the video a number of times I feel that Mendy should have been shown Red.

Based on what? It was accidental and he didn't go in feet first or anything crazy. Just a coming together.

I don't like his attitude towards the teammates - all this imperious yelling and screaming at Allan while lining up the wall, and in the end, he failed to cover the space.
I don't mind that, from a keepers persective all defenders are numpties just waiting to drop him in it and make him look bad until proved otherwise, who walk around like zombies with goldfish-esque attention spans and can't count or take simple instuctions...Five! five in the wall...'kin five not 4...right! go right, more...right ffs.

which is all ok until the ball flys in the net.

He’s made a lot of good save but the point I was making is that this is usual sandwiched between a few clangers. I’d love for him to add a bit more consistency and maturity to his game as he’s a brilliant shot stopper.

I suppose all keepers make mistakes. Difficult position to play well.
Agreed. 2 issues as I see it... decision making (brain farts), and height.
If he's back on top of the first, he's a really good keeper. Carlo needs to get him stretched on a rack to make him world class. He's looking better last few games

Status
Not open for further replies.