Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A really good January signing, or two in the summer and we’ll improve greatly. We’re on the verge of something, I can feel it.
We have seen it first hand already this season. Imagine the Everton of the start of the season most weeks, without siggurdson Davies and co as back up. Once that changes we will move up a massive gear In weekly performance.

Oh and a clean sheet for the first time this season? Finally the defence has a good 90 minutes!

Alex Iwobi just needs output, he reminds me of adama traore when he first played for wolves, he can beat defenders all the time but has no output, now he needs to train hard like traore and develop that output like a cross to DCL like adama crossing to Jimenez at wolves.

Alex Iwobi just needs output, he reminds me of adama traore when he first played for wolves, he can beat defenders all the time but has no output, now he needs to train hard like traore and develop that output like a cross to DCL like adama crossing to Jimenez at wolves.
tbf to Iwobi, he out an absolute peach of a ball in towards the end but Doucoure, DCL and Richarlison didn't gamble with a run right through the middle and Doucoure was too late in the far stick.

For every game where he's lobbed in a couple of horrible crosses, nearly every game he's played (except Leeds) he's out some terrific balls in.

eve.jpg

Superb stat, that!
This is how we should play with most of the types of players we have at our disposal.

My only worry is that:

1. Ancelotti might select James again right away and

2. The players not putting the same shift in next game. We need to stick to the same plan and regime.

We should be playing exactly how Spurs are. Emphasis on defensive ferocity. I don't care if it's boring.

I'm on cloud 9 right now though.

This is how we should play with most of the types of players we have at our disposal.

My only worry is that:

1. Ancelotti might select James again right away and

2. The players not putting the same shift in next game. We need to stick to the same plan and regime.

We should be playing exactly how Spurs are. Emphasis on defensive ferocity. I don't care if it's boring.

I'm on cloud 9 right now though.
Squarer begs in square holes, as in formation and in particular with Holgate and Godfrey playing out wide. Allthough CBs themselves any self respected center back has a season or two playing wide.

When that nasty little rat Mason Mount gets injured it will be a well deserved karma.

I'm not saying don't try and improve. I am saying that playing a right footed CB who has never played extensively at fullback at LB might not actually be the way to do it. And if it isn't the case that we suddenly are defensively solid because of that switch I can all but guarantee we will be less threatening going forward which means we come out worse overall.

When I say don't concentrate on it what I mean is don't do things that sacrifice the attacking play in a major way since that is our strength. I'm not saying we should just resign ourselves to conceding. Although I do think every time he picks Pickford he is sort of doing that.
Think thats what i meant last night mate

Anyone mind letting me know if you can rate the players on that article?

I was able to @GrandOldTeam ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.