I would go

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gueye Gomes
Walcott Bernard Lookman
Tosun

Subs
Stekelenburg, Zouma, Baines, Davies, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin

I know some faces are going to be pulled at resting Sigurdsson and Richarlison but that team is more than strong enough to see off Cardiff. They can be brought on if needed. I'm just desperate for them both to be fit for the Derby as they represent our best chance if winning. I can imagine them both being extra pumped up because they got left out. It's also then a straight fight between the other 4 who start as to who claims the remaining 2 attacking places for the Derby.

In midfield if we get the game safe I would take Gomes off as he is another who could do with protecting but too many changes from the off would possibly leave us disjointed.

Defence it is Keane and Mina until suspension, injury or loss of form. It's harsh on Zouma but if he gets back in he is offered the same protection. This should make sure high standards are maintained at all times.

Footballers need to play, so I'd still be happy to see Gomes, Gilfs, Rico etc for 30 mins, but yes otherwise happy for the wider squad players to get a run out here. Need the strength in depth and it only comes with games.

Win the game first before resting players.
The team pretty much picks itself, although I'd like to see Lookman given a go. I think a bit of pace and physicality would frighten Cardiff. Just need to start taking more of our chances otherwise games like these could end in stalemates.

Pickford; Digne, Mina, Keane, Coleman; Gueye, Gomes, Sigs; Lookman, Richarlison, DCL/Walcott

Genuinely curious about the CB pairing. Would have to imagine it would be Mina and Keane but that's harsh on Zouma.

We need to have a cutting edge to our selections now if we have ambition that we are spoilt for choice in most positions for the first time in years, tough on Zouma but the others know that there is a decent player eagerly waiting in the wings if they balls up.

*If* everyone is available for this:

Pickford

Coleman
- Keane - Mina - Digne

Gana
- Gomes

Walcott
- Sigurdsson - Bernard

Richarlison

Let's not mess around with the team, despite the oppo being largely poo. If we feel the likes of Sigurdsson and Gomes are alright to play but maybe not for the full 90 then just start them and sub off at some point after an hour. Let's just get the game won first. Think Mina & Keane should remain the partnership at CB on merit after Chelsea.

Yeah this, Cardiff are very poor, only Fulham have let more in, if we cant win this with a few rested...etc Sig and Richarldson on the bench, bring on if needed, give Lookman and Tosum a chance.
I dont think we will but i would like to see us do so, this 3 points is vital but also should be easier
I agree that Cardiff are a poor team, but they gave Liverpool plenty of problems before they eventually went under.

Status
Not open for further replies.