Match Thread Everton v Cardiff City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes finally,not far from the real footy is back time,i fancy us big time here [hope im not going overboard],and think we will win 3-1

it took a Del deflected goal and a miss hit shot from Coleman in injury time to win it last time here to beat this lot,but i think we wont have any problems bar the ones we will make ourselves

Yes finally,not far from the real footy is back time,i fancy us big time here [hope im not going overboard],and think we will win 3-1

it took a Del deflected goal and a miss hit shot from Coleman in injury time last time winner here to beat this lot,but i think we wont have any problems bar the ones we will make ourselves

My fear with these games is that we always seem to play flat against these gash sides and only seem to turn it on when they nick a goal.

We should be beating these 3-0 but I think it'll be a scrappy 2-1 at best affair.

I would go

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Gueye Gomes
Walcott Bernard Lookman
Tosun

Subs
Stekelenburg, Zouma, Baines, Davies, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, Calvert-Lewin

I know some faces are going to be pulled at resting Sigurdsson and Richarlison but that team is more than strong enough to see off Cardiff. They can be brought on if needed. I'm just desperate for them both to be fit for the Derby as they represent our best chance if winning. I can imagine them both being extra pumped up because they got left out. It's also then a straight fight between the other 4 who start as to who claims the remaining 2 attacking places for the Derby.

In midfield if we get the game safe I would take Gomes off as he is another who could do with protecting but too many changes from the off would possibly leave us disjointed.

Defence it is Keane and Mina until suspension, injury or loss of form. It's harsh on Zouma but if he gets back in he is offered the same protection. This should make sure high standards are maintained at all times.
1st rule of PL football
Always play your best 11

I'll take any kind of win with no injuries.

Rest anyone important who's not 100%, e.g. Sigurdsson.
Yeah this, Cardiff are very poor, only Fulham have let more in, if we cant win this with a few rested...etc Sig and Richarldson on the bench, bring on if needed, give Lookman and Tosum a chance.
I dont think we will but i would like to see us do so, this 3 points is vital but also should be easier

Strongest side possible. 8 days to recover ahead of the derby:

Lookman to come in for Walcott.

Pickford
Coleman Zouma Keane Digne
Sigurdsson Gomes Gana
Lookman Richarlison Bernard

Stekenlenburg, Mina, Davies, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Calvert-Lewin, Tosun​

Status
Not open for further replies.