Match Thread Everton v Burnley (Fri 20:00) Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the city game and actually thought, despite parking the entire coach park, Burnley players threw absolutely everything at it to keep city from scoring with some of the most stubborn defending I've seen in a long time.

I'm in Malaysia at the moment and will be staying up to 5-00am to watch so please give us another performance lads, and a result that gives us hope going into the Spurs game.

This match like Palace is one where the lack of production around the goal by DCL and Bernard could make it tough to find the goals we need. Obviously the team can be improved at basically every position but LB but I feel the summer should be spent finding players who can bring that consistent creation to beat teams we should be better than.
I've been pretty critical of DCL's lack of goals but I think this game is made for him. Not to score (obviously, he doesn't really do that) but to make space for others, Burnley's grocks will be mixing it up with DCL, who has shown he's more than decent at that sort of dirty work, leaving room for Gylfi and Richarlison to bang them in. 3-0 bloos, DCL to start.

Davies needs to start and have him the only person wearing the new Jersey. Capitalise on that Davies contract news.

4-1 to the mighty Ev.

Also, this picture makes me laugh

maxresdefault.jpg
For some weird reason, when I saw his head with those earphones, I immediately pictured Shaun Ryder’ disembodied head rising from the floor in the Gorillaz ‘Dare’ video?

I know I am definitely staying a half hour after the game to show my true appreciation for my heroes in blue. It's been simply an honour to be able to watch them* each week this season.
*from behind my laptop screen

I've been pretty critical of DCL's lack of goals but I think this game is made for him. Not to score (obviously, he doesn't really do that) but to make space for others, Burnley's grocks will be mixing it up with DCL, who has shown he's more than decent at that sort of dirty work, leaving room for Gylfi and Richarlison to bang them in. 3-0 bloos, DCL to start.
DCL should start both the last games I agree but it would be ideal if he wasn't an automatic starter on the first day of next season. Last time we played Burnley we scored a set piece, a penalty conceded off a set piece, two screamers and a late goal to pile on. All to say despite scoring 5 it wasn't a dominant attacking display. I still worry about breaking them down.

Ashley Barnes seems to up his crap game against us.

We will water our pitch though, get the siren back out, 3-1 to us Barnes to equalize though first half.

Hard to predict though the players may already be in flip flops as there's nothing on the line except pride.

Ashley Barnes seems to up his crap game against us.

We will water our pitch though, get the siren back out, 3-1 to us Barnes to equalize though first half.

Hard to predict though the players may already be in flip flops as there's nothing on the line except pride.
Per the previous poster he should always be referred to as GS Barnes........

We should beat these. If nothing else, we need to severely punish them for their desperate attempt to win kopite approval on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.