Match Thread Everton v Burnley (Fri 20:00) Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are due a win with this ref, played 2 lost 2 this season.

marco_silva_main.jpg

And its that time, finally some might say, our final Home game of a very up and down season.

A much improved Burnley visit Goodison Park and 1 time Pop Idol superstar Gravy Dyche brings his team of blockers to test themselves against Marcos banter blues. With hopes of 7th fading fast we need 3 points here to give us even the remotest of chances.

Hopefully extra shooting practice and passing in tight spaces has been on the menu at training at FF.

Suspect Marco might try a little tweak with the team, but im probably wrong.

Goats 11 to start :

CleanSheet
Colio - ZOOMS - Kegerino - Digsy
Ganio - Davio
Ricio - Viking - Bernio
Tosun​

Cenk Tosun would get consumed by their two ogres at the back.

This match like Palace is one where the lack of production around the goal by DCL and Bernard could make it tough to find the goals we need. Obviously the team can be improved at basically every position but LB but I feel the summer should be spent finding players who can bring that consistent creation to beat teams we should be better than.

This match like Palace is one where the lack of production around the goal by DCL and Bernard could make it tough to find the goals we need. Obviously the team can be improved at basically every position but LB but I feel the summer should be spent finding players who can bring that consistent creation to beat teams we should be better than.
Yeah, we've really carved up "better" sides at home recently b/c they've played football against us.

Burnley will just park the bus and that's tough for us to break down, regardless of our effort.

Realistically I'm looking for a 2-0 win, we scrape a second half goal somewhere then tack one on after the 85th when they're moving forward more.

Hope we absolutely smash them and teach them a football lesson. Since they didn't do the decent thing and simply lay down for city, and because a lot of Burnley fans have webbed feet and bad tattoes, they deserve it.
This is true, but as wools go they're not bad and anywhere that has Benedictine on tap in pubs gets a pass from me

Status
Not open for further replies.