Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
was more worried about Palace than these lot, Trossard/Maupay/Lamptey meh. Delph should be acceptable enough to do a job against these and the man Doucoure will be with him.
Another James/DCL masterclass please.

But mate. I’ve a unsubstantiated bad feeling about this in my gut.

You must take my post seriously.

Hope im not tempting fate. But I'm praying.......actually praying that we don't have any new injuries tomorrow. let's hope all our players come through this match in one piece. And especially JR and DCL. Doucoure also. And of course Richarlson if he plays.
After this great start to the season we don't need to be going back to the useless old guard of last season.
One or at a stretch two of Siggy....Davies......Delph.....Walcott......Iwobi and young Kean is enough for me. Never all six .
No problems from me with Gomes and Bernard and Gordon. As long if they are played in their correct position. They imo will be ok in a stronger better team.

Anyhow.........no injuries tomorrow please. Win the match. And get
( hopefully) Richarlson and Allan fully fit over the international break. JJ Kenny also. Get ready to rock and roll again in a few weeks.
Keep it tight for the second half folks. As my old coach used to say. TBH he was an idiot. Up The Toffees.

No matter how good you are playing and how mediocre your opponent is, winning 7 straight is such a brutally hard feat that it would be harsh to expect a win here.

That said, what an opportunity to go 12 points and set this team up for long term success. The injuries are unfortunate and will definitely hurt us, but hopefully we have the squad to now push through it and not loose on a lucky bounce or bad counter.

Think we can get away with Allan being out. Delph will have to step up big time. Allan and Richarlison out would make it difficult. Brighton are a good team under Potter but haven’t had the rub of the green so far. Need our fringe players stepping up. Hopefully a win but potential banana skin as well if we play poorly. Good to hear Allan back after the internationals.
The truth is that Brighton are (this season) are a team in transition and with players inexperienced in Premier League games.

Connolly is a diving rat. Kick him, Keane (out of the box tho).

They can play good stuff, but we can play better. I hate to start expecting wins, but we should be winning this with the quality we have.
Bet yer life that Connolly's legs are gonna run out of steam and he will fall over in the box.

But mate. I’ve a unsubstantiated bad feeling about this in my gut.

You must take my post seriously.
...it's too soon to declare the bad feeling in your gut as "unsubstantiated". In a few hours, if we do not win, that intestinal discontent of yours, will be very substantiated...

Status
Not open for further replies.