Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope its not lashing down today - hate us playing in bad conditions you always fear a ligament injury is around the corner with us.

If we had a full contingent I would be confident but cant say I am today not atleast considering we've had 3 days rest whereas they've had 7.

Score draw - 2-2 im saying.

Hope to be pleasantly surprised as would love to go into the international break with maximum points.
Pouring down all night, right now, and as above probably all day-still going 3-1 us despite the Injuries

100% agree with most of this, just thought that Spurs would have been more of a test than these.

Agree but we were 3-1 with the bookies to beat spurs. Seen by many outsiders and underdogs. We are odds on favourites with them today to beat brighton.
Just that general expectation thing that Everton have flunked at for so long. Hoping its buried today.

I’d say score draw

have seen 3 of Brighton’s games so far and they were very good in possession and very hard working and clever across that front 3. Very unlucky to not have won more. Trossard and Alzate were standouts for me.

might sound strange but I think this will be the toughest game up to now. They had just about majority possession against Chelsea and Man U, and a LOT of shots in areas where they should have been making the keeper work more and scored more. Will be a tough game for Keane and Mina, they will be moved around a lot.

We will score though. They will give up chances. Man U and Chelsea played crap against them and both scored 3

Be a very tough game this, Brighton look full of closing down and energy so it’s vital we start well

Why I would go with Bernard, Doucoure and Delph in the middle.

Sigurdsson & Delph together are too immobile/slow and it'll be shades of last season with teams cutting through our midfield like butter.

Doucoure/Delph sitting deeper and Bernard slightly advanced ready to spring forward on the counter.

He certainly is. I expect he objected to the score as well.

And it was no trouble at all to find. It was on your own forum. Still, as you said, no clackers eh?
Arsed about clackers personally. They are crap.

But you do realise the poster you are arguing with is a Palace fan? Might understand him better.

Anyrate, I think you have looked pretty good from what I have seen. Early days, granted, (same for us tbh), but I cant help but quite like your manager.

Have a good season, thanx for the 3 points, hopefully.
They certainly are crap!!! Thanks yes we are playing well but still not clinical in the final third which has been our problem for a while. The game against Manure was hard too take funny kavanagh was born in Manchester . Hope we upset your winning streak today and hope you beat Liverpool .

Attachments

• 398BD4C8-F579-48EA-83D6-E8614C86963D.jpeg
    398BD4C8-F579-48EA-83D6-E8614C86963D.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 73

I’m going 3-1, doucoure, James and one of the big lads at the back scoring for us.

have someone go straight through that little blurt maupay aswell

They certainly are crap!!! Thanks yes we are playing well but still not clinical in the final third which has been our problem for a while. The game against Manure was hard too take funny kavanagh was born in Manchester . Hope we upset your winning streak today and hope you beat Liverpool .
Mate, enjoy your time on this forum. They are all good lads and usually make away fans very welcome (but no “head patting” allowed). Naturally I hope your lot get utterly walloped today (and every week really) but I’m sure you’d say just the same about Palace.

I think the general feeling is that they'll come at us a bit? The way were scoring goals at the moment, I'd have thought that'd suit us. James and Sigurdsson are both forward-thinking with their passing, so if there's space for the attackers, that's good news for DCL and hopefully Richarlison.

With the midfield we'll be putting out though, coming at us may work. I'm hoping Delph can handle two games in a week, as we really don't want to be starting with both Davies and Sigurdsson in the same XI.

Status
Not open for further replies.