Match Thread Everton v Brighton Hove Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the winning run continues, even said to me old fella it's a actual joy to be a blue at the mo, not just winning but playing some good footie with James. If we get the 3 points tomorrow it will be hard fought I reckon

Wouldn't it be great if we came out tomorrow and destroyed Brighton. All this talk about Brighton being a good team. Come on folks..........Brighton??. Have you all not noticed that we........Everton..... are also a good team. Let them worry about us. Let's go at them. let's show them how football is meant to be played...Let's just win this football match.
Richardson might be ok and playing. That's good. No risks mind. But play him until we get a lead. Then rest him.
Allan won't be playing by all accounts. So it's Delph. Just keep things simple. Delph can surely manage things simple....
Gomes might be out........so thats Siggy in. Now last season i'd have been worried about those two together. (Delph and Siggy). But this is this season. Have they bought into this new Everton way of playing. Let's hope so. I think that they have.
Also Gordon or Iwobi if Richarlson doesn't make it. Iwobi seems to have stepped up(a little) in recent weeks.
Whoever does step in all know the importance of this match. They don't want to be seen to be letting this team down.
If anything i'd be more worried about Pickford. Let's hope he's on his game tomorrow. Who knows with this guy. We don't want to be chasing to make up for any mistakes. We need to hit this match running........never looking back.

So it's one more match. Hopefully another win . With whatever team we put out. Only playing Brighton. Played well last week against Man Utd. But can they keep that up. Let's see how they fare if we can get two early goals.(hopefully).
Come on people..........we can't be fearing Brighton.
Up The Toffees............Don Carlos seagull smashing Toffees.
Ps........don't call the RSPCA...........no seagulls were actually hurt during this post.

Last edited:
Think we can get away with Allan being out. Delph will have to step up big time. Allan and Richarlison out would make it difficult. Brighton are a good team under Potter but haven’t had the rub of the green so far. Need our fringe players stepping up. Hopefully a win but potential banana skin as well if we play poorly. Good to hear Allan back after the internationals.

———————Pickford
Doesn’t——Even——Matter———Who
——Else———Plays———Because
——HAMEZ——DCL—— GOLAZO

4-0

Think we can get away with Allan being out. Delph will have to step up big time. Allan and Richarlison out would make it difficult. Brighton are a good team under Potter but haven’t had the rub of the green so far. Need our fringe players stepping up. Hopefully a win but potential banana skin as well if we play poorly. Good to hear Allan back after the internationals.
If Delph puts in a performance like he did against West Ham I’ll be delighted.

Good team going forward so they might score but they let you play ad they play good footy, they let you attack them and I hope we have enough to see them off. So I am pretty confident as long as Delph/Sig put in a decent shift. Hopefully Richy starts if not it's a chance for Iwobi.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Keane Digne
Sigurdsson Doucoure Delph
James Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Lossl Nkounkou Davies Iwobi Walcott Bernard Gordon

Thats the team I expect however I would play Iwobi instead of Sigurdsson personally. Or Walcott and move James back into midfield. If Richarlison doesn't pass fitness I would play Bernard on the left and put Simms on the bench. However well Delph plays I would take him off at 60 minutes as he already has 90 minutes this week and I can't see him managing it twice in 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.