Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Time for Gray to get to the bench. Always slows the game down by not passing quickly to teammates, or balloons one into row Z

Wasn't he Villa's top scorer last season? I'm not saying he's all that, but I do wonder what is stopping him being considered.
We've just got a lot of players in his position I think. It was the one area we didn't need to strengthen in January.

After that additional interview where he was explaining the formation, I'd be shocked if he changes it back to a flat back 4 unless personell forces his hand.

He obviously feels we are massively weak at the back and likes the protection it provides, though it massively stifles us up top. I think hes got to bring DCL back in, Richarlison back out wide and I'd give Dele a go, we need someone who isn't afraid of having the ball.
psyops I guess, he can say one thing n do Anor. in super frank we trust.

I'm going to go full Davek and make some ridiculous predictions.

Everton 0 - 0 Brentford
Leeds 1 - 2 Brighton
Spurs 3 - 0 Burnley

Everton 0 - 0 Crystal Palace
Aston Villa 2 - 1 Burnley

Arsenal 1 - 1 Everton
Brentford 2 - 0 Leeds
Burnley 1 - 1 Newcastle

Everton 39 points
Burnley 37 points
Leeds 34 points

We limp, rather than sprint, over the line.

(Leeds will probably rip this prediction up in the first game!)

After a brief hiatus from being a grump, Watford has put me right back in the Everton frame of mind.

At this point I feel very confident we will lose and Leeds will win. If this does indeed come to pass, I humbly request a Zoom call with the “happy with a point” brigade from the Watford thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.