Match Thread Everton v Brentford. Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Brentford

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to rotate and keep fresh as possible.

433:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Holgate Mykolenko

Doucoure Allan Gomes

Richarlison DCL El Ghazi

No stubborness Frankel use yer squad.

2-1 to the good guys.
Wonder what El Ghazi is like. Maybe just the player to get us over the line. But we all know that he won’t play. And as Gray and Gordon have not really been doing much lately . How about Ali getting a game.
Would also keep Iwobi in the team. But in place of who? Let me think…….got it……..Gomes.

So there you are. An unbalanced team from me. Nothing new there then for an Everton team. We should be ok.
Ps……I do agree with you that we should change things around a wee bit. Keep things fresh. But with who?
I fear that maybe we might just target the draw. It could be enough. And that would mean sticking with this 5 at the back. And a nonexistent midfield. And toothless up front. But who knows? Mr Lampard might have something up his sleeve. Anything. Anything will do. But I doubt that El Ghazi is in his plans. Ramble now over………Up the Toffees…

We must not lose this game. I hope we don't change the system. Back 3 with wingbacks, 2 holding in midfield. If Delph is tired, play Allan. Any tinkering should be witht he front 3 who are not delivering. Not gettiing a goal at Watford is a clear performance issue.
worries me to say it but I would be ok with a point here if Leeds lose.
That would mean we are safe so id take that as well, I obviously want us to win.

We must not lose this game. I hope we don't change the system. Back 3 with wingbacks, 2 holding in midfield. If Delph is tired, play Allan. Any tinkering should be witht he front 3 who are not delivering. Not gettiing a goal at Watford is a clear performance issue.
worries me to say it but I would be ok with a point here if Leeds lose.
Yeah a point would be ok if that is all we need, only getting over the line counts right now

Ok…..this has nothing to do with the upcoming Brentford match. Apologies. But I’ve just noticed a horse named Take my Chances has just won a race. Wonder if Gray….Gordon….DCL and Richarlson might have backed it. They have most likely missed it.
Ok…….I’m off for now….

Well, like the rest of them, this is a tricky fixture. As last night yet again proved, we're hopeless when we have the ball, but being a home game against Brentford (who are decent but not in the same class as, say, Chelsea) we can expect to have more possession - so Frank will need to make his selection accordingly. Given the high stakes, I think we have to go with known quantities for this one, so maybe not the fixture to use to learn what party tricks El Ghazi has in his locker (besides the ability to turn invisible).

If leeds lose at Brighton, I'd go with 5 at the back. If godfrey is back, drop him in to the middle and push Coleman to right wing back.
If leeds draw or win, I'd go 4-3-3.
I'm assuming Delph is out.

5-2-3
-------------Pickford
-----Holgate, keane, Godfrey
Coleman-------------------Myko
----------Doucoure, Allan
Iwobi------------------------Richarlison
-------------Rondon

4-3-3
drop Godfrey, push Iwobi back and put Gordon on the right of a front 3. I really think he needs a rest tho.

edit, If godfrey is not fit, I'd be happy to see Branthwait (sp?) start.

We've already beaten them 4-1 at Goodison this season.

I mean, I know nothing is guaranteed and we should've won yesterday, too... but that's a good omen, isn't it?
That does make you think we really should win it, except that a certain Danish midfielder was not in their squad that day, but still we have got to believe at Goodison we can do these! COYB

Can't wait for this.

My 3rd visit to Goodison.. first was in 2009 when we beat Wigan 4-0, second was in 2017 when we beat Leicester 4-2 (with tom davies scoring after 30 seconds). Not expecting us to score 4 this time, I would take a scrappy 1-0 all day!

Hoping that Brighton can do us a favour and we can wrap up our survival this weekend. UTFT!
Clearly we will score four for you again and you will break some sort of fan record for your first three games!!!

Well, like the rest of them, this is a tricky fixture. As last night yet again proved, we're hopeless when we have the ball, but being a home game against Brentford (who are decent but not in the same class as, say, Chelsea) we can expect to have more possession - so Frank will need to make his selection accordingly. Given the high stakes, I think we have to go with known quantities for this one, so maybe not the fixture to use to learn what party tricks El Ghazi has in his locker (besides the ability to turn invisible).
We barely had more possession than Watford last night.

The last thing we need is for Everton to have a lot of the ball with players who cant find feet with a pass.

Wonder what El Ghazi is like. Maybe just the player to get us over the line. But we all know that he won’t play. And as Gray and Gordon have not really been doing much lately . How about Ali getting a game.
Would also keep Iwobi in the team. But in place of who? Let me think…….got it……..Gomes.

So there you are. An unbalanced team from me. Nothing new there then for an Everton team. We should be ok.
Ps……I do agree with you that we should change things around a wee bit. Keep things fresh. But with who?
I fear that maybe we might just target the draw. It could be enough. And that would mean sticking with this 5 at the back. And a nonexistent midfield. And toothless up front. But who knows? Mr Lampard might have something up his sleeve. Anything. Anything will do. But I doubt that El Ghazi is in his plans. Ramble now over………Up the Toffees…
Wasn't he Villa's top scorer last season? I'm not saying he's all that, but I do wonder what is stopping him being considered.

We barely had more possession than Watford last night.

The last thing we need is for Everton to have a lot of the ball with players who cant find feet with a pass.
True, and that's my concern: we're much better without the ball, but I do expect us to have more of it at Goodison on Sunday. As counter-intuitive as it may sound, I think a slightly better Watford side last night may have worked better for us, as the counter game is really the only method that's working at the moment; give us a decent share of the possession and a chance to shine, and we'll almost invariably fluff our lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.