Match Thread Everton v Atalanta BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think many on here under-estimated how bad Koemans squad was at the start of the season.
If Unsworth was the best man to step in, then beyond a shadow it has proven you can't make a silk purse from a pile of gash.
Pep couldn't, Jose couldn't, Howard Mk1 couldn't, Harry C couldn't etc etc.

This squad needs to survive until January and then some magic needs to happen.
Kick Unsworths head in by all means, if it wasn't him it would be somebody else.
The Koeman squad legacy is a poisoned chalice and there isn't a man in the world can conjure winning performances from this lot.
Finers crosssed heh.

Has anybody mentioned we do not have even 3 quality defenders?
Forget getting a forward. We will still score the odd goal or two. Useless when we let in 2 or 3 every game.

COYB.

At least the Bullens Rd is still standing. Unlike that pathetic collapse of a team.

won't be for long, he's selling it remember, knocking it all down to build his dream stadium at the docks,,,anyone else think it's time for this to stop and we need a new owner not some dodgy playboy but someone with passion for the club

I think many on here under-estimated how bad Koemans squad was at the start of the season.
If Unsworth was the best man to step in, then beyond a shadow it has proven you can't make a silk purse from a pile of gash.
Pep couldn't, Jose couldn't, Howard Mk1 couldn't, Harry C couldn't etc etc.

This squad needs to survive until January and then some magic needs to happen.
Kick Unsworths head in by all means, if it wasn't him it would be somebody else.
The Koeman squad legacy is a poisoned chalice and there isn't a man in the world can conjure winning performances from this lot.
Finers crosssed heh.

Has anybody mentioned we do not have even 3 quality defenders?
Forget getting a forward. We will still score the odd goal or two. Useless when we let in 2 or 3 every game.

COYB.

And that we are. As soon as they scored last night I was waiting for that second goal to go in. Hell they missed a penalty before they got it!

The defence struggles to concentrate for literally a minute now, last night and Saturday we concede 2 quick goals, you would expect better from a league 2 team never mind us.

Those useless cowardly scumbags! I didn't think it was possible but they managed it. I was completely unarsed about last night's game and would of just shrugged off a 2-0 or 3-1 defeat but the manner of this was so shambolic and spineless that I'm absolutely fuming. Rhino needs to go now, he's a sound guy and will always be one of us but he's tactically clueless. The bulk of these players completely disgust me, I hate the majority of them.

What was the F'N pooint in sacking Koeman if you don't have a plan in place You simpletons?! It's clear that Billy Liars melodrama has finally caught up with him and us. After years of treading water he's finally done it and ruined the club to the point were relegation is not only a strong possibility but extremely likely. Make no mistake, unless major changes are made VERY soon with a manager who knows what he's doing and major investment made in Jan then this time next year will be playing in the championship. We are extremely fortunate that this league is so embarrassingly poor and there is only in fact 6 points between us and 8th because make no mistake right now we are THE worst team in the league. Let's just get this season out the way, hope to God we stay up then take a sledgehammer to this side (I mean figuratively but if sombody literally did it then I for one wouldn't shed any tears!).

Ringing changes are needed at this club from the board to the players on the pitch because right now the club is dying. It's been Ill for over two decades now and we all deluded ourselves into thinking that it was temporary. Well it wasn't. Moyes might of successfully got us on life support but it's not working anymore. We need to fix this now, or this time next season we will be paying in the championship and with the losers mentality that infeists this club I'd not be surprised to see us plummet further down. I just feel broken right now.:(

Last edited:
Those useless cowardly scumbags! I didn't think it was possible but they managed it. I was completely unarsed about last night's game and would of just shrugged off a 2-0 or 3-1 defeat but the manner of this was so shambolic and spineless that I'm absolutely fuming. Rhino needs to go now, he's a sound guy and will always be one of us but he's tactically clueless. The bulk of these players completely disgust me, I hate the majority of them.

What was the F'N pooint in sacking Koeman if you don't have a plan in place You simpletons?! It's clear that Billy Liars melodrama has finally caught up with him and us. After years of treading water he's finally done it and ruined the club to the point were relegation is not only a strong possibility but extremely likely. Make no mistake, unless major changes are made VERY soon with a manager who knows what he's doing and major investment made in Jan then this time next year will be playing in the championship. We are extremely fortunate that this league is so embarrassingly poor and there is only in fact 6 points between us and 8th because make no mistake right now we are THE worst team in the league. Let's just get this season out the way, hope to God we stay up then take a sledgehammer to this side (I mean figuratively but if sombody literally did it then I for one wouldn't shed any tears!).

Ringing changes are needed at this club from the board to the players on the pitch because right now the club is dying. It's been Ill for over two decades now and we all deluded ourselves into thinking that it was temporary. Well it wasn't. Moyes might of successfully got us on life support but it's not working anymore. We need to fix this now, or this time next season we will be paying in the championship and with the losers mentality that infeists this club I'd not be surprised to see us plummet further down. I just feel broken right now.:(
You've summed that up perfectly.;)

Something is deeply wrong. Unsworth is a bit tactically lacking but there's something not right when senior pros and experienced internationals turn in that showing.

Is the squad split? Has Unsworth alienated the Koeman signings / loyalists? Questions I can't answer but it didn't look a unified or proud team at all last night.

Good summing up , feel exactly the same way.

Something is deeply wrong. Unsworth is a bit tactically lacking but there's something not right when senior pros and experienced internationals turn in that showing.

Is the squad split? Has Unsworth alienated the Koeman signings / loyalists? Questions I can't answer but it didn't look a unified or proud team at all last night.

Really a random number generator could have spit out the starting lineup, tactics and positions and you still shouldn't lose by any less than 3-1 scoreline. 7th flattered us last year. We were terrible in the spring and the only thing that turned what should have been losses into ties was Jags inexplictably scoring goals and 12 behind us playing like garbage.

I recorded it, and after watching the first half I went to Flash Scores, and covered Everton's score to see if Atalanta had
scored again.

I wasn't enjoying what I'd been watching and was hoping to see something which might give me some encouragement.

I haven't watched the second half, and honestly, I've reached the point where I'm not that bothered anymore.

Things will change, one way or another, but right now I'm just so disappointed in the fact that we have a squad of
footballers, most of whom are just gutless and seemingly indifferent.

Status
Not open for further replies.