I was going to refer to him as D I C K (without the spaces) Emery in the match report, but the bad language filter would have foiled itVoted for DCL. I think he was terrific today, although several others were also in contention.
On a side note, is it just me who thinks that Unai Emery looks like a jarg waxworks model of Marco Silva?
Tim Cahill said on punditry that DCL is not the answer but he can’t score goals if he doesn’t get presented with chances. His best chance today would have been that header that Zouma got in front of him.Happy to see so many cast their vote to DCL. Outstanding today, especially in terms that he is so young and next year he will be much stronger...
The night is young for JordanProper mental, that. So many positives that’s its hard to believe we’re watching the same side. Still too early in the “run” to say whether or not it’s Marco’s influence finally taking hold but if it is this is VERY exciting for the future. In no particular order, my massive chufty points were:
- DCL putting in one of the best CF performances I can remember for us
- Bernard being Pienaar mkII and just dead boss in general. He was EVERYWHERE. I went DCL MOM but he was a very close second
- Making loads of presentable chances. Yes, we missed them and need to work on our composure but I don’t think I have ever watched a game against Arsenal and felt like WE should have scored 5 for once
- Barely looking like we were in danger, defensively. Even when they got the ball towards the end, it always felt like we were going to sweep it up and start another attack. The back four, to a man, were superb and Gana - a few sloppy passes aside - was Ganarriffic once more
- Andre. Flipping. Gomes. I was convinced his early form was a fluke and he was going to flop here as well but he’s back with a bang these last few weeks. He should be ashamed of how unashamedly filthy some of his passes were, today
- The subs, instead of trying to hard in a short time, look like they came on with clear instructions and either slowed down or broke up play where they could when nothing was on. Very sensible and mature and hopefully another sign that Marco is getting his message across
- Pickford didn’t chin anyone