Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes no odds if his foot is in the air or not - it's still his foot.

FF9DsLmX0AE0UZN

I've enlarged the circles (which aren't even the same size or symmetrical in the ones they use incidentally) to be both on the tip of the players foot, literally the last pixel, and then I've put a light blue circle where Atwell put the dot.

View attachment 147785

It's too big a discrepancy.
Of course it makes a difference if his foot is off the ground as the picture is from an angle so you have to factor in the perspective

Of course it makes a difference if his foot is off the ground as the picture is from an angle so you have to factor in the perspective
Have to trust the technology. I don't think the premier League help things by not showing how the angles are calculated, though.

Biggest thing with VAR for me is the frame rate discrepancy. There’s always a lot of focus on the attack and defence lines, but very little focus on where they stop the footage for when the ball leaves the foot from the pass.

Broadcast footage is I think 50 frames per second, and a lot of movement can happen in that time, but the decision on which frame to stop it on has no scrutiny, and it’s not always clear where to freeze the footage.

When the margins are as tight as that second decision, it seems as subjective a decision, as just going with the live decision.

Happily it didn’t matter tonight, but easily could have done.

I get that but you are arbitrarily deciding how far the foot is off the floor to get that result. Saying 'oh the tech sorts it' is ripe for corruption.

Like here you go, he's two foot offside as he has stamp down a yard, because I say so.

1638835152543.png

There's no way in my mind his foot is that far offside.

I get that but you are arbitrarily deciding how far the foot is off the floor to get that result. Saying 'oh the tech sorts it' is ripe for corruption.

Like here you go, he's two foot offside as he has stamp down a yard, because I say so.

View attachment 147787

So much for giving benefit of the doubt to the attacking player.

VAR isn't so much the problem its the corrupt officials and draconian laws that govern it.

Huge win that showed some grit in the second half when we had the VAR disallowd goals. Really fantastic from Richy, Doucoure and Gray. Definitely improved when Gomes came on, three in midfield allows Doucoure to push on. We still look too wide open at times but there is no under estimating how big that win was.

2nd half was probably our best this season, I did think we looked more solid with Yerry but it’s unfortunate he can’t stay fit. Richarlison was outstanding. Gordon is maturing and Gray was great 2nd half. Godfrey is more comfortable at full back but needs to build his confidence going forward. I felt emotional tonight for The 1st time in a longtime in the ground. The crowd where at their best I’ve heard for a longtime. They carried the Texam for me. Nephews 1st league game tonight he was speechless so all good. We needed that Win badl.

View attachment 147787

In that image his foot would have to have been about 2 foot off the ground. As can be seen from this angle (which was shown during the review) it was a couple of inches. As Dale Johnson explained the technology calculates the players position based on the angles available

1638835817289.png

Status
Not open for further replies.