Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Few centimetres? Really? Not even a few milimetres
It's not offside.
The feet/boots, are level.
What ever happened to giving it to the forward?
This is miniscule decision making. A human eye can't see this. Even the photo like a horse race photo finish, does not prove an offside, it is invisible to the naked eye.
It's VAR but it's not VAR, this is someone calling it, how can you call that offside?
I'd say maybe not all human eyes can't. I don't want you speaking for my eyes though.

It'd be incompetence if it happened once or twice and then they went "hang on, got to fix that."

There was an uproar in F1 yesterday because you can change tyres when a race is red flagged. That rule will now be reviewed thoroughly and either binned, improved or rationalised.

Football doesn't do any of that, they carry on, because the system is working as intended. For them.
Richarlison's foot is in the air, not touching the line so his foot is ahead of Gabriel's. This guy is always on top of this stuff and here is his explanation

Richarlison's foot is in the air, not touching the line so his foot is ahead of Gabriel's. This guy is always on top of this stuff and here is his explanation

Yeah the issue there is though that his foot isn't in the air at all, it's very clearly planted as you can see that his left leg is only just lifting off.

If his right foot was already in the air, then he'd literally be trying to jump

Yeah the issue there is though that his foot isn't in the air at all, it's very clearly planted as you can see that his left leg is only just lifting off.

If his right foot was already in the air, then he'd literally be trying to jump
1638834078516.png

and that still - which I've seen - suggests the ball has already left Doucoure's foot and that Gabriel's foot is also off the line

It should have stood because it's not beyond all reasonable doubt that he was offside. Offside is meant to be binary - that's very subjective

Doesn't matter in the end like but the new rules were meant to get rid of stuff like that

and that still - which I've seen - suggests the ball has already left Doucoure's foot and that Gabriel's foot is also off the line

It should have stood because it's not beyond all reasonable doubt that he was offside. Offside is meant to be binary - that's very subjective

Doesn't matter in the end like but the new rules were meant to get rid of stuff like that
They showed 3 different angles during the VAR check. They are all taken from the exact same moment

Makes no odds if his foot is in the air or not - it's still his foot.

FF9DsLmX0AE0UZN

I've enlarged the circles (which aren't even the same size or symmetrical in the ones they use incidentally) to be both on the tip of the players foot, literally the last pixel, and then I've put a light blue circle where Atwell put the dot.

1638834351945.png

It's too big a discrepancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.