Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Monday December 6th. 8pm

Everton MOTM vs Arsenal

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I am nieve but I can’t see that it is cheating. I just think it is complete incompetence

It'd be incompetence if it happened once or twice and then they went "hang on, got to fix that."

There was an uproar in F1 yesterday because you can change tyres when a race is red flagged. That rule will now be reviewed thoroughly and either binned, improved or rationalised.

Football doesn't do any of that, they carry on, because the system is working as intended. For them.

I'll check the numbers in a bit but we have been very similar

And before the derby we were bottom of the league for goals scored in the previous 7 games, 18th for possession, 18th for shots, etc. So no it's been pretty bad.
we've not been in good form but we are clearly a team that wants to attack. if you asked Gray or Richi, do they feel they are in a Moyes type team I am v confident they would say no. They get more freedom.

I knew we were gonna concede on half time, but I think it helped us in some ways. We were lucky with regards to them, missing 2 sitters and I expect nothing at Chelsea, but at least we won today.

It still bothers me because it's evidence that the game is rigged. That's not a mistake, that's cheating. We won by accident as the system was in place to give Arsenal the win wherever possible.
oakdice-runescape.gif

we've not been in good form but we are clearly a team that wants to attack. if you asked Gray or Richi, do they feel they are in a Moyes type team I am v confident they would say no. They get more freedom.
moyes' west ham are far more attacking than us lol

they aren't. they are much more pragmatic. they may be in better form, and so are creating more chances, but we are set up on the front foot more than a Moyes team.
there is nothing wrong with being pragmatic

Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp are the most pragmatic managers in world football

Pragmatism is not negativity. Benitez has not been pragmatic enough in recent weeks. If he had, we wouldn't have dropped like a stone.

To be fair they,re as predictable as us when it comes to losing certain types of games. They win easy games then lose, whenever they go to the hard places.
I just think at least they have a cleat direction and a young team which just needs time and might suffer in away games with the crowd fired up.

there is nothing wrong with being pragmatic

Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp are the most pragmatic managers in world football

Pragmatism is not negativity. Benitez has not been pragmatic enough in recent weeks. If he had, we wouldn't have dropped like a stone.
Hmmm lacking all best players, team drops like a stone… mystery

I knew we were gonna concede on half time, but I think it helped us in some ways. We were lucky with regards to them, missing 2 sitters and I expect nothing at Chelsea, but at least we won today.
We were lucky tonight but we have also had enough bad luck too this season so I’d like to think it evens itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.