Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it.

Everton is a team that rely heavily on crosses. Third most accurate crosses in the league. Second most headed goals. Only three players in the league have more headed goals than DCL and Richarlison.

But we should have replaced them with Kean? One of the worst headers of the ball the league has seen? Who has been wasteful in front of goal?

I like Kean. I think he will do well. But he is still raw and need time. And he need to play for a team that plays to his strength. Not to be at the end of a ton of poor crosses.
The crosses and headers are our hidden weakness. Since Silva has taken over we have been a one trick pony in attack seemingly with out a doubt pushing the ball out wide every time we meet any sort of resistance moving forward. Relying completely on crosses and headers is not the way to go about it. All it takes is a few taller players and good position and the whole game is shut down. We need to build upon it, keep it in our playbook but use a variety of approaches. That will also in turn make our crossing even more effective in a way through the unpredictability.

I’d also have to say while DCL did score the majority of his goals with his head he didn’t make up the majority of headed goals. Richy is equally as good at heading the ball and Mina is a mountain of a target. We will be fine without DCL on the field and arguably better through being able to add more variety

Hopefully we can get him and I think maybe another on loan - a big name who becomes available late into the window. Just a gut feeling.

Everyone seems to assume we will sign 2 CMs, I'm not convinced we will unless we see major sales in that area, I mean Delph and Iceland out the door, which to me seems unlikely.

I doubt Davies is going anywhere, I know people have turned a little on Gomes but for me he's still a quality player, just a little up and down form-wise, then there's the major question marks regarding Gmblammo, add Allan, that leaves is with 4, plus the others like Besic, Delph, Iceland, Baningime, Connolly, its an area that certainly needs looking at.

But I still feel adding a proper CM, a proper RB and RW transforms this team, it doesn't fix it at all, but it makes it VASTLY better.

I know everybody thinks we need 8 first-teamers and we probably do, but we ain't getting them.

Ancelotti also gets to build his own team with his own marks, All of his previous jobs have had ready made squads to use, It might be likely his last job will be with us and Ancelotti can do it his way instead of succumbing to the higher ups at Madrid/PSG/Munich.
I want this to happen as much as anyone, and the sooner the better.
Carlo doesn’t make the signings so throughout his whole career as a manager has worked with a DOF figure closely who made the signings for the team. Carlo is just a very flexible manager capable of adding any bit of quality into his teams

Everyone on here worrying about who we’ve been linked with when we haven’t even started looking yet. Carlo said that the transfer summit will be held this week with the Brands Moshiri and the rest of the board as to what the approach will be to the window. All these rumors are is crap with name dropping Everton to increase the sense of competition for a player

Everyone seems to assume we will sign 2 CMs, I'm not convinced we will unless we see major sales in that area, I mean Delph and Iceland out the door, which to me seems unlikely.

I doubt Davies is going anywhere, I know people have turned a little on Gomes but for me he's still a quality player, just a little up and down form-wise, then there's the major question marks regarding Gmblammo, add Allan, that leaves is with 4, plus the others like Besic, Delph, Iceland, Baningime, Connolly, its an area that certainly needs looking at.

But I still feel adding a proper CM, a proper RB and RW transforms this team, it doesn't fix it at all, but it makes it VASTLY better.

I know everybody thinks we need 8 first-teamers and we probably do, but we ain't getting them.
I fear you are right and people are going to be disappointed if they are expecting two cms this window. We need to make sure the three or four we bring in are top quality it would make a massive difference you never know a few of the players we have might step up too.

Everyone on here worrying about who we’ve been linked with when we haven’t even started looking yet. Carlo said that the transfer summit will be held this week with the Brands Moshiri and the rest of the board as to what the approach will be to the window. All these rumors are is crap with name dropping Everton to increase the sense of competition for a player
Most transfers take months hopefully we have been working on two or three already. If the links are to go by we have.

With respect mate Brands will have been planning this summer window from 1st September 2019.

I know what Carlo said, but Brands will have been talking to people for the last 12months, transfers never happen overnight, most take months and years to happen.

Of course this season, a new manager and new tactics will have changed things.

Just a gut feeling mate. I think Gylfi and Delph will be sold. whether they are make weights on deals or not i don't know but i can't see Carlo keeping them and there are clubs that will take them. Davies likewise may go as part of a deal or get a loan but i think he'll be out too.

I don’t see Josh King as an out and out striker, who’ll directly challenge DCL and Kean.

He’s more like a wide forward, similar to Walcott or Richarlison (although he’s that good he can play anywhere).

I haven’t seen enough of him to say he’s the player we need but a big, powerful, direct, pacy wide player who’s premier league proven capable of getting us goals (may get more in a better side) is exactly what we need.

I’ve seen a lot of fans asking for Sarr who’s a similar player. Sarr’s probably not as consistent right now but with a much higher ceiling however if he’s £40 mill and King is £15 mill due to his contract situation then it makes good business sense to go for King and put the £25 mill saving into the “2 big dominant centre midfielders pot”.

Status
Not open for further replies.