Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the plan is to play like Burnley and recruit to out-Burnley Burnley, the club could have saved a shitload of money by hiring Dyche. Probably the best manager around for 4-4-2 with natural wide midfielders.

Dinosaur ball that would make Allardyce look both hyper modern and offensive.
I don't think there's much joined-up thinking at Everton. They just wanted Ancelotti because it would be a PR coup.

The squad we have now just managed 30 points in a half season under Ancelotti, jus before the break we played United and Arsenal and we were better than them both, but fine margins cost us. Recency bias is playing its part with the team having largely dross since the restart... but the results, and the performances since the new year as a whole havent been bad.

Add 2-3 players to the squad in key positions and there is no reason why this squad cant get more than 60 points next season and qualify for europe.

Of course we need to improve in all areas but the gap isnt as big as some on here suggest.

I still think having a TEAM is the biggest issue that needs addressing. How many times do you see a player for us wide open in the 6 yard box, and one of our players with the ball will shoot from a stupid angle. A midfielder play a pass and then stand still or stroll into an area where it would be impossible to receive the ball back. We just do not function properly and it has been an issue for multiple seasons now. There is a huge lack of belief in the side/each other and that needs addressing, or it won't matter who we bring in.

When I watch City play and Arsenal yesterday, the movement and intelligence as a team is on another level. But that same Arsenal squad where not performing like that under Emre.

We do need better players, leaders on the pitch, who want Everton to be successful. Street fighters who hate losing.
But we need a team ethic to really succeed, and I think that ebbed away many years ago, replaced by the mantel of plucky little Everton.
That mentality has to be altered above all else. Hopefully Ancelotti and the stadium progress will help overcome that legacy created by Kenwright.

Ancelotti made great strides in that already imo, we actually defended with some passion for the majority of time since you came in. But we've been recruiting individuals for years now, some of them are not even crap players, they're just not functioning as a team, not were they bought with any plan in place.

It's not just cash though its buying shrewdly. We have spent big on just above average in the main. Its identifying future stars. Leicester and Wolves have done this and Spurs to an extent. We need to be competing for the Europa league positions as a minimum, Burnley, Sheff Utd are doing this it's not too much to ask but it requires good recruitment and stability. We have gone through too many managers, systems and players in the last four or five seasons.

Wolves didn't identify crap tbf, they got a lucky deal with a super agent and he just makes his employees go there to boost their profile in the prem.

I don't think there's much joined-up thinking at Everton. They just wanted Ancelotti because it would be a PR coup.
The PR value should not be underestimated. Carlo gets so much slack and goodwill because of his past, that people look past the actual performances. Players, fans and media.

Which is probably a good thing. Because the performances have not been better than what they were under Allardyce.

There will come a time where we stop blaming players for him picking the wrong team, playing to many players out of position or choosing the wrong formation. Carlo will need a good summer on the transfer market or things will turn sour.

I would say it is 50/50 whether Carlo is Everton manager in 12 months.

Ancelotti also gets to build his own team with his own marks, All of his previous jobs have had ready made squads to use, It might be likely his last job will be with us and Ancelotti can do it his way instead of succumbing to the higher ups at Madrid/PSG/Munich.

Ancelotti also gets to build his own team with his own marks, All of his previous jobs have had ready made squads to use, It might be likely his last job will be with us and Ancelotti can do it his way instead of succumbing to the higher ups at Madrid/PSG/Munich.
I want this to happen as much as anyone, and the sooner the better.

Every position has to be a priority, only Digne and Richarlison are at the required level.

I agree, but I’m starting to get the feeling that everything is on the table, so to speak. So I wouldn’t be that surprised if either of those two players were sold if the right price was met.

How the money is subsequently spent would determine how annoyed I would be at the sale of either. A repeat of the Lukaku sale and subsequent waste would absolutely ruin us!

Status
Not open for further replies.