Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny isnt it - every fan in GP could tell you who needs to go and what positions need sorting yet the top brass need a meeting to work it out

Not really, you need a plan.... What's our budget this summer, what positions need prioritising, what current players have interest from other clubs, what current players do we want to make available for transfers, what are the asking prices (and salary demands) for players we've been scouting for the last year (whats their contract situation)...

We need atleast 8 signings for the first team, but likely only possible or practical to get 4 new players who will go straight into our starting 11 next month...

Not really, you need a plan.... What's our budget this summer, what positions need prioritising, what current players have interest from other clubs, what current players do we want to make available for transfers, what are the asking prices (and salary demands) for players we've been scouting for the last year (whats their contract situation)...

We need atleast 8 signings for the first team, but likely only possible or practical to get 4 new players who will go straight into our starting 11 next month...

The biggest thing this summer will be who can we punt.

Thats the biggest factor.

And sadly we can not control that.

Everyone seems to assume we will sign 2 CMs, I'm not convinced we will unless we see major sales in that area, I mean Delph and Iceland out the door, which to me seems unlikely.

I doubt Davies is going anywhere, I know people have turned a little on Gomes but for me he's still a quality player, just a little up and down form-wise, then there's the major question marks regarding Gmblammo, add Allan, that leaves is with 4, plus the others like Besic, Delph, Iceland, Baningime, Connolly, its an area that certainly needs looking at.

But I still feel adding a proper CM, a proper RB and RW transforms this team, it doesn't fix it at all, but it makes it VASTLY better.

I know everybody thinks we need 8 first-teamers and we probably do, but we ain't getting them.
When gbamin back?

Being linked with Matty Longstaff according to (I’m assuming the Newcastle) Chronicle. He’s a free agent. West Ham and Schalke also linked.

The biggest thing this summer will be who can we punt.

Thats the biggest factor.

And sadly we can not control that.

Yep agreed... Sadly the likes of Sigurdson are going nowhere fast because no one will match their wages anywhere else... Loan deals out the door are our only hope, but obviously we're losing a pile of money on the transfer fees we paid

Yep agreed... Sadly the likes of Sigurdson are going nowhere fast because no one will match their wages anywhere else... Loan deals out the door are our only hope, but obviously we're losing a pile of money on the transfer fees we paid

If this was FM2020, I reckon we have about 20 players placed on the transfer list with "No reasonable offer refused" next to their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.