Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the intention is to move Richy back to the left? I know Gordon has had some chances but by all accounts Carlo isn’t sold on Bernard. Kean and DLC are our only strikers. Just musing with this of course. King is a prem proven player that might be a decent buy if the price is low but yeah not our most pressing area

...£15m being quoted.

I don’t see Josh King as an out and out striker, who’ll directly challenge DCL and Kean.

He’s more like a wide forward, similar to Walcott or Richarlison (although he’s that good he can play anywhere).

I haven’t seen enough of him to say he’s the player we need but a big, powerful, direct, pacy wide player who’s premier league proven capable of getting us goals (may get more in a better side) is exactly what we need.

I’ve seen a lot of fans asking for Sarr who’s a similar player. Sarr’s probably not as consistent right now but with a much higher ceiling however if he’s £40 mill and King is £15 mill due to his contract situation then it makes good business sense to go for King and put the £25 mill saving into the “2 big dominant centre midfielders pot”.

I cant decide about him at all.

Ive seen him look a real player at times and others League two standard, but for 15m he's probably worth a nibble, but only as a squad player, do we have squad player money to throw around?

Everyone on here worrying about who we’ve been linked with when we haven’t even started looking yet. Carlo said that the transfer summit will be held this week with the Brands Moshiri and the rest of the board as to what the approach will be to the window. All these rumors are is crap with name dropping Everton to increase the sense of competition for a player

Its funny isnt it - every fan in GP could tell you who needs to go and what positions need sorting yet the top brass need a meeting to work it out

Can I just keep spam posting this till people get it through their thick skulls?

Just for a little bit of perspective, aimed at shutting up those incessant whingebags saying he's on his holidays or he hasn't done any business yet. So far, across all 20 PL clubs for next season, there have been 16 incoming transfers, deducted those agreed in January (Ziyech) and those that were already on loan (Soucek, Lo Celso etc.) that leaves a grand total of 11 incoming transfers... some highlights from said 11 players?

- Nkounkou to us
- Wes Foderingham to Sheff Utd
- Matija Sarkic to Wolves

Clubs so far, excluding turning loans permanent which will have been worked on before the season ended, have spent ~£59m so far and ~£48m of that was on Werner and ~£10m spent on two random kids Man City will probably never play.

So no, Brands isn't on holiday, he's not being slow, he's not useless, the whole LEAGUE hasn't really started recruiting yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.