Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wanting not to sign a CB + RB and just go with the current options or play Kenny and only focus on midfield.

Gabriel (CB Lille): Someone like him who is defensively solid + left footed can add an attacking dimension with the long passes he can play to DCL / Richarlison / Gordon + RW.

Emerson (RB Barca): Hes an assist machine and a train down the right. Different player to Digne but very effective. Would score a handful as well like Digne.

Sarr (RW Watford): Rapid ball carrier, big and strong who can get us double figures.

I believe if we had those 3 players in last nights team we could have 2 limited centre midfielders who are just tackle machines and we would have won the match.

Horne/Parkinson (though Parkinson had quality) would have ran the match. We dont need superstar expensive midfielders quite yet. We need goals and assists from all over the pitch.

What we need are 2 or 3 vicious monsters in the centre and quality at CB/RB/RW to win football matches.

Id be starting Gordon every match now.

Guys we aren't going to sell Iwobi. Unless we get more than what we paid originally, and honestly that probably isn't happening, we have to book a loss and we can't afford to do that at the minute. Like it or not we need to try and get him back to playing decent again because regardless of what you thought about him at the time of signing there was some degree of ability there and we need him to find it again.

Its related to players book values.

A: Delph as an example. Cost £8mil which is spread over his 3 year contract (doesnt matter if we paid £8mil up front or however its structured with City).

So after 1 year hes worth £5.33mil in book value per FFP. If we sell him for £5.4mil we show a profit of £670k + his wages are also saved which may be £80k so thats £7.68mil + £670k = £8.35mil off FFP.

The part about the wages being added I am not sure if this may be totalled or is separate from the transfer fee.

B: If we just use a transfer amount then if we sell Bernard for £12.5mil we then have no amortization of a transfer fee.

That £12.5mil can then be spent over a course of a players contract. E.g if we sign one single player or several players on 5 year deals then £12.5mil × 5 = £62.5mil.

We also release his wages.

Selling schneiderlin + Hornby for circa £4mil gives us £20mil to spend + their wages and all the others like Garbutt and Niasse/Martina etc.

So,in short if we sell players for say £50mil then we can spend £250mil if incoming players are on 5 year deals.

C: If we have signed Digne for £18mil then we wipe off £3.6mil a season so now we have £10.8mil left to pay on his deal.

If we extend his contract to 5 years then that process starts again meaning we only need to pay £2.16mil a year on the books as its £10.8 /5 years
This doesn't all seem correct. Or if it is correct, FFP is a bigger joke than I originally thought. I mean these are some wild accounting practices if it is all allowed.

Its related to players book values.

A: Delph as an example. Cost £8mil which is spread over his 3 year contract (doesnt matter if we paid £8mil up front or however its structured with City).

So after 1 year hes worth £5.33mil in book value per FFP. If we sell him for £5.4mil we show a profit of £670k + his wages are also saved which may be £80k so thats £7.68mil + £670k = £8.35mil off FFP.

The part about the wages being added I am not sure if this may be totalled or is separate from the transfer fee.

B: If we just use a transfer amount then if we sell Bernard for £12.5mil we then have no amortization of a transfer fee.

That £12.5mil can then be spent over a course of a players contract. E.g if we sign one single player or several players on 5 year deals then £12.5mil × 5 = £62.5mil.

We also release his wages.

Selling schneiderlin + Hornby for circa £4mil gives us £20mil to spend + their wages and all the others like Garbutt and Niasse/Martina etc.

So,in short if we sell players for say £50mil then we can spend £250mil if incoming players are on 5 year deals.

C: If we have signed Digne for £18mil then we wipe off £3.6mil a season so now we have £10.8mil left to pay on his deal.

If we extend his contract to 5 years then that process starts again meaning we only need to pay £2.16mil a year on the books as its £10.8 /5 years

Sadly Zat the problem with your working out is that the 250m you are spending isn't fake money, the players need to be paid for, so when it comes to paying for those 5 players, we make a loss on the balance sheet.

We have wages to turnover of 85%, so we have very limited money left over.

FFP and amortisation is 1 thing, profit and loss is another.

Its not that I dont think we couldnt use a CB and RB upgrade(particularly RB), but that CM is so important and clearly whats holding this team back. I think we can win a lot of games with Holgate Mina/Keane at the back, and Coleman at RB. I think we can win a lot of games with Richy and DCL up top, and Gordon/Bernard on one wing and whoever on the other. I think we can win all of those games with a good CM pairing. Holgate is not costing us games right now. Keane is not. Richy is not. Gordon is not. Bernard is not. Its the lack of any control over the middle of the pitch, and distribution from it. Nobody is more involved in every minute of a game than a CM. Hes got to defend, hes got to distribute, hes got to be available to show for any player who has the ball, and available to close a defensive gap at every moment.

Sign a CB and RB and dont sign 2 CMs and this team wont be any better. Sign 2 CMs, and dont sign a CB or RB and this team will be greatly improved. Especially considering how much importance and pressure Carlo assigns on the position.

Its not that I dont think we couldnt use a CB and RB upgrade(particularly RB), but that CM is so important and clearly whats holding this team back. I think we can win a lot of games with Holgate Mina/Keane at the back, and Coleman at RB. I think we can win a lot of games with Richy and DCL up top, and Gordon/Bernard on one wing and whoever on the other. I think we can win all of those games with a good CM pairing. Holgate is not costing us games right now. Keane is not. Richy is not. Gordon is not. Bernard is not. Its the lack of any control over the middle of the pitch, and distribution from it. Nobody is more involved in every minute of a game than a CM. Hes got to defend, hes got to distribute, hes got to be available to show for any player who has the ball, and available to close a defensive gap at every moment.

Sign a CB and RB and dont sign 2 CMs and this team wont be any better. Sign 2 CMs, and dont sign a CB or RB and this team will be greatly improved. Especially considering how much importance and pressure Carlo assigns on the position.
Coleman being an atrocity in possession is effecting our midfield play very negatively too. Davies improved his performance a good deal when he was moved more central and away from Seamus. Whether it is a winger or a CM over there Coleman being poor on the ball makes it harder. I think moving him on and upgrading will help the midfield even if it has to be Davies/Delph/Gomes and a new signing until Gbamin hopefully saves us.

Also the creative players being bad is hurting us. I'm not going to throw Gordon under the bus yet, but that area in general has to be better before we will actually compete for Europe.

Impossible this?

Out:

Pickford, Niasse, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Delph

in:

Dean Henderson
Sarr/Adama Traore/McLean
James/Grealish
Højbjerg/Loftus-Chewk
Which McLean? It matters because I don't think we can fit signing Sarr/Adama into a budget with James/Grealish too. But I can't think of a decent McLean.

Henderson is pricey too most likely.

My dream window that feels semi-realistic at the moment is Rajkovic, Gabriel, Hojbjerg, Grealish and some 10m RB that can pass the ball forward without taking 19 touches and/or not being able to defend. I think that could be somewhere around 80-90m which even then might be high depending on what goes out.

As an aside, Racing got anyone coming through worth a look? I've fallen off of South America since the Libertadores got put on hold.

This doesn't all seem correct. Or if it is correct, FFP is a bigger joke than I originally thought. I mean these are some wild accounting practices if it is all allowed.

Aside from the wages (which no one seems to understand) its correct.

Sadly Zat the problem with your working out is that the 250m you are spending isn't fake money, the players need to be paid for, so when it comes to paying for those 5 players, we make a loss on the balance sheet.

We have wages to turnover of 85%, so we have very limited money left over.

FFP and amortisation is 1 thing, profit and loss is another.

Of course. I was responding to a post about FFP.

I dont have time to spend hours looking at balance sheets...theyre all grey anyway with many variables we dont know.

We definitely need 2 or even 3 CMs.

Imo they can just be tackle machine monsters. We need to have goalscoring/assist threats all over the pitch. Aside from Digne/Gordon we have no threats.

Richarlison + DCL + RW + Gordon + Digne + RB + CB if we had those 3 signings i mentioned with 2 or 3 tackle machines in the middle wed be a different team.

Coleman being an atrocity in possession is effecting our midfield play very negatively too. Davies improved his performance a good deal when he was moved more central and away from Seamus. Whether it is a winger or a CM over there Coleman being poor on the ball makes it harder. I think moving him on and upgrading will help the midfield even if it has to be Davies/Delph/Gomes and a new signing until Gbamin hopefully saves us.

Also the creative players being bad is hurting us. I'm not going to throw Gordon under the bus yet, but that area in general has to be better before we will actually compete for Europe.

Theres no threat at all from RB / CB / RW. We need to add threats there.

Gordon id hope cements LM position.

CM id get 3 snide beasts to go in with hard tackles.

Which McLean? It matters because I don't think we can fit signing Sarr/Adama into a budget with James/Grealish too. But I can't think of a decent McLean.

Henderson is pricey too most likely.

My dream window that feels semi-realistic at the moment is Rajkovic, Gabriel, Hojbjerg, Grealish and some 10m RB that can pass the ball forward without taking 19 touches and/or not being able to defend. I think that could be somewhere around 80-90m which even then might be high depending on what goes out.

As an aside, Racing got anyone coming through worth a look? I've fallen off of South America since the Libertadores got put on hold.

sory its not McLean its McNeil from Burnley haha

in Racing now we have one of the strongest teams in America, but almost everyone is over 30. Zaracho may have a good future, but atm I don't see it with level for PL

sory its not McLean its McNeil from Burnley haha

in Racing now we have one of the strongest teams in America, but almost everyone is over 30. Zaracho may have a good future, but atm I don't see it with level for PL
Oh McNeil makes more sense but also a touch unrealistic money wise.

The only McLeans I could think of were the guy at Norwich who is a CM and James McClean and that's a big negative there.

It amazes me that Lopez still does the business. I thought he was near the end when he left Lyon a whole bunch of years ago. I guess no next Lautaros there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.