Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Fernandinho is slow now. He hasn't always been.

Yes but even his drop in pace is covered by his positional sense or his ability to carry out a 'tactical' foul.

There is not one quality trait that you could look at us and say 'yes they are .......'.

Other teams you can look at and go 'they have amazing fighting spirit', they play lovely football', 'they work their socks off', 'they have so much pace on the counter', 'they defend brilliantly', 'they are great at corners/free kicks'.

I could go on. You cant really say any of this about us - not one thing

Last edited:
We just have to sell Sigurdsson and Bernard and try to recoup whatever we can on Iwobi once the window is open. Maybe Zaha will push to leave Palace and they might fancy him for a cut-price fee. Maybe, hopefully, he's feeling homesick and wants to move back to London.

Sigurdsson and Bernard have two years left to run so it's the ideal time to cash in, as keeping them an extra year and going into their final contract year when they will be 31 and 29 respectively, is a terrible move. But I really don't think there will be a big queue to sign either of them.

Iwobi is just another in a long line of hugely expensive failures. Get what we can and move on. I do fear he's the next Bolasie though, ie we'll be unable to shift him and he'll refuse to permanently leave due to our stupidly obscene contract we gave him. At best I can see him on loan at a West Ham with us paying half his wages for the next 4 years. A depressing thought for any fan I'd imagine.

Three more interesting deals we have to prioritise are shifting Walcott, Bolasie and Sandro for whatever we can recoup, or even give the latter two away and top up their wages. All three have a year left on their deals and have no future with us.

Another we won't be able to lose is Delph, so he'll continue to be a drain on our resources until the summer of 2020. Brands needs his head checking for going after him and his "winning mentality".

We all know neither Davies or Baningame are absolutely nowhere near the quality needed to be anywhere near the squad, but unfortunately we have three and two more years left with them. No doubt when we gave Baningame a new deal a year or so ago it was for far more than he's worth and now we'll have another Garbutt on our hands. Davies, I don't even want to think about him.

Apart from all those I want Kean booted out too because 1 he appears to be extremely unprofessional away from the pitch and 2 he's rubbish.

Then we may or may not see Baines again next year, and Sidibe would rightly be sent packing to wherever we got him from.

Achieve every half of the above and it's an amazing base for Carlo to put his stamp on this squad. He must be pulling his hair out when he is forced to pick eleven players of whom he surely knows about 8 or 9 are nowhere near up for it.

Oh I'd get Pickford gone too, but nobody would take him.

I'd happily see Delph, Gylfi, Bernard, Davies, Walcott and Bolasie go - pretty much our whole midfield but there is zero to little chance of clubs paying decent money for them or matching the wages they are on.

Yes but even his drop in pace is covered by his positional sense or his ability to carry out a 'tactical' foul.

There is not one quality trait that you could look at us and say 'yes they are .......'.

Other teams you can look at and go 'they have amazing fighting spirit', they play lovely football', 'they work their socks off', 'they have so much pace on the counter', 'they defend brilliantly', 'they are great at corners/free kicks'.

I could go on. You cant really say any of this about us - not one thing
"Look at Everton. They are a team who are boring and have no fight or spirit"

That's like 3 things right there.

I thought there was some complex method whereby meagre incomings are converted into massive purchases without contravening FFP.

Zatara is always using it to explain how Keane could be replaced by some kind of worldy.

Its related to players book values.

A: Delph as an example. Cost £8mil which is spread over his 3 year contract (doesnt matter if we paid £8mil up front or however its structured with City).

So after 1 year hes worth £5.33mil in book value per FFP. If we sell him for £5.4mil we show a profit of £670k + his wages are also saved which may be £80k so thats £7.68mil + £670k = £8.35mil off FFP.

The part about the wages being added I am not sure if this may be totalled or is separate from the transfer fee.

B: If we just use a transfer amount then if we sell Bernard for £12.5mil we then have no amortization of a transfer fee.

That £12.5mil can then be spent over a course of a players contract. E.g if we sign one single player or several players on 5 year deals then £12.5mil × 5 = £62.5mil.

We also release his wages.

Selling schneiderlin + Hornby for circa £4mil gives us £20mil to spend + their wages and all the others like Garbutt and Niasse/Martina etc.

So,in short if we sell players for say £50mil then we can spend £250mil if incoming players are on 5 year deals.

C: If we have signed Digne for £18mil then we wipe off £3.6mil a season so now we have £10.8mil left to pay on his deal.

If we extend his contract to 5 years then that process starts again meaning we only need to pay £2.16mil a year on the books as its £10.8 /5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.